Used 2004 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 746 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

I could drive this car forever, literally!
By Derrick Wesley

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My 2004 Acura TL is by far my favorite car I ever owned. I bought this car with over 100k on it while in college and I am still in love with it. 12 years later this car still gets complemented and random people feel the need to try and race me. Unfortunately a few days ago I totaled my car (not racing). It's completely destroyed but I walked away with just a few bruises. I absolutely love this car due to its power, style, and now the safety of the car. As replacement I'll be getting another TL only newer. Buy Acura, Love Acura!

A beauty which rivals new cars.
By Ethan

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The 2004 Acura TL is an anomaly: a car which is beautiful, comfortable, practical, and fun. The VTEC engine is punchy and quick, and the exhaust note is fantastic. Meanwhile, the leather bucket seats are remarkably comfortable with its heating capabilities, lumbar support, and cushy leather. The interior is premium for the price with much of the surfaces being leather wrapped or brushed aluminum. The back seat is tiny, but only to make room for a massive trunk that holds a bookshelf, a sleep in bag, and emergency kit, a thick coat, a marching band uniform, and groceries. This car is very practical despite its looks and performance. The car handles adequately, but it suffers from massive understeer and "boatiness": the TL would benefit from AWD, which would help with the understeer. Other than that, the TL is a fantastic performer with its shockingly quick launch and acceleration, comfortable suspension, and 160 MPH top speed. The best part of the car, though, is the styling. This car is beautiful from every angle- especially the rear end which rivals BMWs and Audis of the same era. If you're looking for the best value for money, look no further than the 2004 Acura TL.

2004 6-speed manual
By teddygram

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Overall great car. Outside explains itself from the pictures. Interior leather seats fit me well, smudges and dirt wipe away with ease (treat the leather every half year, Armor All leather gel). Only preventative maintenance done, I checked tire pressure, liquid levels, and cleaned outside and inside weekly. Never found a problem leaking liquids or tire pressure. Take care of your car and she'll take care of you. I drive in West Virginia mountains and around DC. Could accelerate easily at 80+mph on uphill mountains without mashing petal. Fun to drive on backroads. MPG is around the stated 20/30 expected, if you're not racing (I don't drive grandma style either)
No surprises from the car

Got car at 98k and got in wreck at 110k, car totaled but I walked away while the other driver went to out on a stretcher. Front and side airbags and seatbelt saved me.

No AUX input, takes 93 octane, and rear seats don't fold down (only fold down in middle seat, can fit skis, small snowboard, or fishing pole) Doesn't handle as well in snow on hills but its a luxury sedan so I knew that before I bought it. If you break 120mph handling doesn't feel as steady as my 2004 Saab 9-3 did, but thats only if you want to go that fast for adrenaline rushes :) (not recommended)

2004 acura tl (2yrs ownership, 160K review)
By wuhantang

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

i've had my acura tl for the past 2 years and bought it with 95,000km on it and now it has 160,000km. So this review would be a long term review

things that went wrong during 2years:
-navigation system stopped working
-rear brake light stopped working
-driver door lock stopped working

my satisfaction:

-overall i would buy this car again, all the things that broke were small things that were easy to fix except the navigation (common problem among 04-06 models)

-this car is relatively reliable, with low cost of ownership

Smooth as butter
By gerardoesq

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

What a car. This is my second Acura actually. My first was a 2002 Acura RL fully loaded which I got with 100k and drove from VA to FL several times. NEVER gave me one dang issue.

After going through several other different brands, I came back to Acura. I never really understood why I went anywhere else. This car is simply brilliantly built.

Transmission shifts smoothly, suspension is rigid but comfortable, all electronics work harmoniously, leather holds up great unlike BMW and Audi.

The car is simply the most reliable machine you can get for your buck while still driving something that is luxurious, fun (I got the six speed) and great on gas.

GPS, Hands free bluetooth, voice command, touch screen, heated mirror and leather seats, side mirrors turn slightly when reversing, rear back up sensors.

Only issue I have is my left headlight has some water and vapor in it. I plan on having the warranty replace it. I would like to have a more potent sound system and an output for an ipod or mp3 (newer models do have this though)