2004 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
2004 6-speed manual
By teddygram on 03/29/14 08:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Overall great car. Outside explains itself from the pictures. Interior leather seats fit me well, smudges and dirt wipe away with ease (treat the leather every half year, Armor All leather gel). Only preventative maintenance done, I checked tire pressure, liquid levels, and cleaned outside and inside weekly. Never found a problem leaking liquids or tire pressure. Take care of your car and she'll take care of you. I drive in West Virginia mountains and around DC. Could accelerate easily at 80+mph on uphill mountains without mashing petal. Fun to drive on backroads. MPG is around the stated 20/30 expected, if you're not racing (I don't drive grandma style either) No surprises from the car

2004 acura tl (2yrs ownership, 160K review)
By wuhantang on 03/10/14 08:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

i've had my acura tl for the past 2 years and bought it with 95,000km on it and now it has 160,000km. So this review would be a long term review things that went wrong during 2years: -navigation system stopped working -rear brake light stopped working -driver door lock stopped working my satisfaction: -overall i would buy this car again, all the things that broke were small things that were easy to fix except the navigation (common problem among 04-06 models) -this car is relatively reliable, with low cost of ownership

Nice car bad torque steer
By steve741 on 05/10/13 10:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The Acura TL is a nice car but with the 6 speed transmission the torque-steer can be annoying. The car felt uncomfortable in the wet due to this issue. I thought the interior was great and bluetooth worked well. Rust was a huge issue on the rear wheel well and just behind the door. This set in fairly early in the car's life. Even making efforts to keep this at bay failed... anywhere there was a spot weld in the fender lip.

Smooth as butter
By gerardoesq on 03/18/13 10:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

What a car. This is my second Acura actually. My first was a 2002 Acura RL fully loaded which I got with 100k and drove from VA to FL several times. NEVER gave me one dang issue. After going through several other different brands, I came back to Acura. I never really understood why I went anywhere else. This car is simply brilliantly built. Transmission shifts smoothly, suspension is rigid but comfortable, all electronics work harmoniously, leather holds up great unlike BMW and Audi. The car is simply the most reliable machine you can get for your buck while still driving something that is luxurious, fun (I got the six speed) and great on gas.

2004 Dynamic
By claire9 on 02/04/13 16:37 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my TL new in early 2005 and it has been dealer serviced with 110,000 kms at the moment. I have had nothing to service of significance except a new battery and a front brake job. I have regularly treated the leather and it still looks like new. The best tires I have found for the vehicle are Continental Extreme Contacts. Unfortunately my in-dash cd player stopped working last year and I had Future Shop connect an ipod cable to the system for running my music in the car on trips. I have had 4 acuras in my family (2 TLs and 2 Integras) and they have all been trouble free. They are indeed well designed and well built vehicles.

This is a fantastic automobile!
By acurafan15 on 11/28/12 10:03 AM (PST)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Words cannot express how fond I am of this car; I have been in love with my TL ever since I first drove it. It just surpassed 181,000 miles, and I have enjoyed every single moment. Soon this car will be 10 years old, but it still manages to fetch compliments and stares daily. I have friends, family, and co-workers who don't believe the mileage. It has held up perfectly (paint, interior, mechanically) and even mechanics/Acura service centers find the mileage hard to believe. There is a reason that so many of these cars are still on the road, they are perfect! I love whenever someone complains about the maintenace cost/price tag of their car (BMW, etc.) and I never have anything to say.

Transmission Issues
By darltk on 08/11/12 09:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my car since 2006 and have kept it under maintenance. It has treated me well for this period of time with occasional issues here and there. With 168,000 miles my transmission went and Motor mounts had to be replaced. Transmission was $5200 at the dealer. I opted to have it rebuilt elsewhere for $3300. I have also replaced the Motor Mounts. I guess certain things are to be expected but there were obvious issues with 2002-2003 and 2004's that were built earlier. I still believe these cars are reliable but some of these issues may be things that can be eventual problems with this model year. I also seem to be having some issues with the hands free freezing and dropping off.

A love affair like no other
By harrybarry104 on 07/17/12 16:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my Acura TL with 153k. I was skeptic at even looking when I heard of the mileage but it has been an absolute gem. The build quality surpasses Audi, BMW, and Mercedes. I turn heads almost everywhere I go, and have been getting amazing gas mileage. You would never guess the age or mileage on this car. I have to say, if you're looking for a great car, this is it. I've only owned the car for a week, but have made several long distance trips. Everytime I sit in my Acura, I smile, and I'm constantly looking for an excuse to go somewhere. What a great vehicle from Honda.

Near ...Perfection.
By fastone4 on 06/19/12 22:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The Acura TL is a near perfection automobile. It handles nimbly and has great power when needed. The dashboard navigation is fantastic and loaded with XM and very good (not Bose) sound. If you are fortunate enough to find one in good shape get it!

Honda made a jewel
By dspau122 on 06/08/12 17:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires and Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I was torn between the g35 sedan and the tl. I am so glad I chose the Acura. It has been an outstanding vehicle to drive. It has every bell and whistle you could ask for. The engine is very responsive and it has plenty of power. The only thing keeping this car out of perfection is the front wheel drive. I think 270 horses would feel better on the rear wheels. Aside from that it is an awesome investment and Honda made a good product