What a disappointment
By gralls4771 on
2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
This car was my first Honda product after owning nothing but American built cars, I had very high hopes. At first I was very impressed with the Acura, I loved driving it, great for road trips, very powerful and sporty handling. But then I learned of the transmission problems. I felt like I was driving a ticking time bomb..........then mine needed replaced just like so many others. Count on spending about $5000 from Acura. This happened at 90K, then at 113K the engine started making internal ticking noises. Dealer recommended new engine. Really? Entire drive train replaced by 113K with a perfect maintenance record? Sold the car that day. So turned off by Honda now.
By gregatlanta
on 06/13/13 09:26 AM (PDT)

Yeah, my transmission went out twice, once at 75k for a recall, and then again at 135K, I drive my car kinda rough, so I don't know if I had something to do with it the second time. Plus, I haven't gotten the proper tune-ups that i should have. I'm doing better now with it. I love my car and have had it since 2008. Great performance and style, and no I don't like having to use premium, but it makes a huge difference. This car can be very sensitive to almost anything you do or don't do to it. The electronics of the CD and tape deck will also fail after some time, so you have to go see a radio guy to retrieve your CD's that are stuck or just get a new radio. Overall, I give it an 8 out of 10 or 3.5 stars out of 4. I will trade up in two more years. I love Acura! Greg (Atlanta)