overated
By K Nguyen on
2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
I reall enjoy the car when I am able to drive it. The car is great in fuel consumption. I am still averaging 22mpg in city and 29.2 mpg on highway, which is one of main reasons why I bought it. However, I've had a few problems worth mentioning. Alignment was off within first 10k mi. I've had the battery replaced at 23K mi. All under warranty. At 30k mi. front rotors were warped and new brake pads had to be replaced. This set me back $200.00. The tranny seems to be in good condition -- knock on wood. Now at 37k mi. the tires have dry rot and in need of replacement. Anything but those overpriced Michellins. Probably will go for the Yokohama Avid v4s at Tirerack. Any thoughts?
Favorite Features
I love the quick acceleration this pup can achieve when I am on the on ramp to I4. I love the traction control system. It nearly saved my life when I was exiting I95 on wet payment. The rear tires were fishtailing (thank you Michellin) when the TCS kicked in and steered me to safety.
Suggested Improvements
Need to do something about the rotor warping too soon. This is a Japanese car and Acura tried to please the Americans with the Michellin tires. However, I think they should appease their motherland and put Yokohamas on this vehicle. It would save more lives and would produce less owner resentment.