Not bad, not great, just okay
By Daniel on
2003 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
I purchased this Acura used after totaling a 2000 BMW 528iT with Sports and Premium packages. It was a good purchase but not of the same luxury features of the BMW so I have never completely bought into an Acura being an upscale car. The fact that mine has “Honda” stamped on the windows makes it difficult to consider it anything more than an expensive Accord. The sheet metal is thin and easily dents. I leaned against the car and left dents in the right rear panel. A small hail storm left minor dings all over the hood, roof and rear. It is not the quality that I expected from an Acura. I do enjoy the car but am constantly looking for my next car.
Favorite Features
The seats are comfortable, it has a decent design, is cheap to purchase and own, has quick power and easily moves onto and down the freeway. Most of my power equipment works well. The dealer did a recall repair on the transmission with (knock on wood) no problems yet. It’s an okay car.
Suggested Improvements
Thin sheet metal dents easily and poor paint quality leads to scratches and chips. The steering wheel radio dials do not work often, and the passenger heated seat does not work. The sunroof does not leak, but squeaks. It has Honda stamped on the windows. Fuel economy is less than I expected.
By charliesheen
on 06/01/11 23:08 PM (PDT)

Then dump it. Your lack of enthusiasm over owning this special automobile speaks to lots of things.