2003 Acura TL Consumer Review: Excellent car

2003 Acura TL - Consumer Review

Excellent car
By bobn on

2003 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Hadn't planned on buying this car, but glad we did. Excellent value for the $$. Beautiful exterior and interior styling, much nicer-looking than Accord or Infinity. I am normally a German-car driver, but I think this car has an excellent mix of comfort, handling, smoothness, power, gas mileage, and all-around bang for the buck. We get much better HWY gas mileage than I expected (~28+ mpg). Very quiet ride. Feels & drives very safe & solid. Suspension eats up road bumps like nothing. Quiet smooth engine, but still growls when you step on the throttle!

HID headlights are excellent! Very comfortable on road trips (calms me down as a driver, even in fast city traffic). Smooth suspension, but still takes turns well. Plenty of power for 99% of people. Great-sounding stereo. Minimal body roll for a car this size. Memory seats/mirrors are great.

Not too fond of foot parking brake. Throttle is a bit touchy in stop-and-go traffic. Climate control should allow a VENT-only setting without making me turn OFF the A/C every time I turn the fan on. Somewhat cheap-looking interior plastic wood trim.