2003 Acura TL Consumer Review: Best car I've ever owned

2003 Acura TL - Consumer Review

Best car I've ever owned
By TimK on

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I research my cars thoroughly before I buy. As an engineer I appreciate good design and the Acura is excellent. I buy on performance, reliability, and styling in that order. What attracted me most was that it was the best performing car in it's class according to Consumer Reports and it has not disappointed. Great acceleration with top mileage of about 30 mpg on the highway. Like many others it has had a new transmission but Acura covered the entire cost including an Acura loaner from the dealer. I've had lots of good comments about the deep blue metallic color. 130,000 miles and going strong. On my second set of brakes and third set of tires.

Engine performance and great fuel economy , Bose stereo, and adjustable front seats with 2 memory settings including mirrors. Classic body styling.

Any way to keep performance and economy without premium fuel? I'm hoping that Acrua dumps their current TL body styling soon. I'd like to buy another one but think the current style is ugly. I believe Acura has also reserved the Bose stereo for the RL now. Too bad.