2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
think twice
By hshanka on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car last month and have had lots of probs. Some of the them: dashboard makes rattling noise,roof makes a rattling noise,steering wheel makes scratchy noise on rotating more than 180deg,strip coming off the moonroof.What makes the situation worse is the fact that these problems occur one after other and I have to keep making trips to the dealer. I called corporate acura asking if I could have my vehicle replaced or have my money back, but they just weren't empathetic and all they said was I'd have to keep taking it back to the dealer until I get all the problems fixed!I thought acura was a good car but regret making the purchase.

6 month review
By Twenty03 Type-S on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Type-S for 6 months. Overall the car is still a great value. However, the squeaks I keep hearing in the interior are driving me crazy - from the seats, seat-belt buckets and dash. And, of course, the dealership "cannot duplicate the problems." Quick car for its size and weight. It would be much more fun, though, if it had RWD instead of FWD.

better than my a4
By kronedog on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

i loved my a4 but had 120k on it and was time to get rid of it. Other than cornering and passing in traffic, i will take the acura hands down. it is smooth, very comfortable, better on gas, and with all the accessories, it is better priced than the a4

6-month review
By Red Dog on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car so far. I was disappointed that it had a pretty serious water leak in the trunk when I got it, but of course they fixed that right away. Service has been good so far. Engine is strong throughout the powerband. Transmissions shifts kind of hard sometimes when accelerating slowly. Handling is very nice for a large FWD sedan. Seats are very comfortable. Would like to see a telescopic steering wheel since it seems a little far away (maybe I have short arms). Stereo sounds great. Overall, great car and very happy with it so far.

MY ACURA TL-S
By chaka on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I FEEL SORRY FOR THOSE WHO SPRUNG AN EXTRA 8-9 THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR A BMW 3- SERIES. I HAD MY EYE ON A 330I MYSELF UNTIL I HAPPENED TO TEST-DRIVE THE TL- S. I KNEW I LIKED THE TL'S STYLE BUT WAS SURE THERE WAS NO WAY THIS ACURA/HONDA COULD STAND UP AGAINST "THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE" ON THE ROAD. BOY WAS I WRONG! AS SOON AS I ENGAGED THE SEMI-MANUAL TRANSMISSION, DOWN- SHIFTED, LEANED INTO A CORNER, HIT THE APEX AND STOMPED ON THE 260HP 3.2L V- TECH I WAS SOLD! ON PAPER THE 3-SERIES OUTPERFORMED THE TL-S ONLY BY MARGINS OF LESS THAN A TENTH OF A SECOND ACROSS THE BOARD. AS FAR AS LUXURY GOES, AGAIN THE TL-S HAD EVERY AMMENITY BMW HAD.

Only Type-S
By vid on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This cars is sooooo much fun to drive...

Great Car
By sorra on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car...I've enjoyed driving it and it is quite reliable. Good waranty too.

more car for the money!!!
By acuratlpower on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive and is comfortable. THe engine is very quiet. Sometimes i forget that its on when im heating the car up. I once was about to turn the car on again because it didnt feel like it was on. Good quality car. i love it..

Better buy than a BMW
By My first Acura on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This Acura TL has the horsepower and acceleration of the BMW 530. I am always the first away from the traffic lights. The best part is that it costs $20,000 less than the BMW 530 and the normal service is so much less than what BMW charges. No more BMW's for me!

my favorite drive
By geekygirl on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my TL-S; just had it on a 800 mile road trip and it performed well, thumbs down on the MPG, but I didn't purchase it for MPG, either. Mine is black w/ gold trim and pinstripes,added shiny chrome whls. I enjoy driving it, also tested a new Maxima,,,didn't even rethink it....TL-S was for me!