2003 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
overated
By K Nguyen on 01/30/06 20:47 PM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I reall enjoy the car when I am able to drive it. The car is great in fuel consumption. I am still averaging 22mpg in city and 29.2 mpg on highway, which is one of main reasons why I bought it. However, I've had a few problems worth mentioning. Alignment was off within first 10k mi. I've had the battery replaced at 23K mi. All under warranty. At 30k mi. front rotors were warped and new brake pads had to be replaced. This set me back $200.00. The tranny seems to be in good condition -- knock on wood. Now at 37k mi. the tires have dry rot and in need of replacement. Anything but those overpriced Michellins. Probably will go for the Yokohama Avid v4s at Tirerack. Any thoughts?

Acura second to none
By Spictacular on 01/27/06 13:33 PM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased car used from a Honda dealer. Immaculate car. I was allowed to keep the car for the weekend. While in my possesion I took it to an Acura dealer where, went they went ahead and replaced or fixed everything before warranty expired (and I mean everything.)All of this was done prior to me actually siging to purchase the car.It drives and handles like a dream.

So Far So Good
By Derek on 01/20/06 15:54 PM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Let me start by saying I went from a 93 Honda Accord that was in bad shape so that might have an impact of my review. I have only had this car for 3 weeks now, but I can say that I am happy with it. I am worried about the tranny, but not too much considering the warranty. I bought it with just under 30,000 miles so there is some wear and tear, but just little items and they are covered by the warranty. I like the smooth acceleration and the interior. The paint does seem to be a problem as there is clear coat issues on the strips between the doors/windows. I will write a new review in a couple of months when I have more of a sample to pull from, but so far I'm a happy buyer.

Great Vehicle
By bailey t on 12/12/05 16:49 PM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Almost 50K miles without much service hassle. Minor blower motor noise at ~ 10K. Nothing since. 32 MPG at freeway speeds, 27 MPG overall. Beats the Toyota 2005 Highlander, my other vehicle, on all counts.

2003 Acura TL
By BIG MOE on 12/08/05 20:48 PM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving this car for about 5 months and i have to say it is one of the best driving cars that I have driven. The handling is amazing, the pick up is quick and the braking is top notch. also the audio system is amazing with the 6 disk in dash cd changer. the only thing that this car needs is a stick. i have to admit it would boost the fun to drive section and would help out with acceleration. One thing that is annoying is the tiptronic transmition. you can't shift in and out of 1st yourself and its a little delayed but its ok cause its an automatic. other then that this is a very good car very realiable and it is an over all good car

Good buy
By Fred Sanford on 12/03/05 17:54 PM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle. Very smooth on the road. Acceleration is smooth due to superior computer controlled transmission. Suspension is vastly superior to any car I have owned. Sound system is excellent. Gas tank could be about 5 gallons larger.

one time Acura owner
By Not A Fan on 10/23/05 15:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The engine power is good, even if it is too high in the rev band. The transmission takes awhile to downwhift far enough to reach the power band when you step on it. You need to manually downshift first if you know you are going to need it. Fit and finish is nowhere near what I expected, considering what is written about these vehicles. The dash is warped, the rear passenger door is coming apart. This was purchased with low miles, and there is no reason for this. Ergonomically, it lacks. The moonroof controls may as well be in the trunk. If you turn the head lights on before it is pitch black outside, the numbers on the tach and speedometer literally disappear.

Newest Car I Ever Owned
By Ronnie on 09/26/05 23:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car for $17,500 with 78,000 miles on it. Most of those miles are highway miles to NY and Pennsylvania from Newport News, VA. Car is great, has never let us down. Acura performs all the maintenance on this vehicle. Dealer performed the 3rd gear oil mod recall. No problems with the transmission ever. Car is stock as it came off the lot TL-S w/nav, silver.

2003 Type S TL
By Azeem on 09/21/05 14:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car for an excellent price with about 60K miles on it from a local BMW dealership. I did the research before I bought the car and knew that I very well could be facing transmission problems but bought it anyway after I learned that I am covered by warranty till atleast 100k. The car is extremely sharp looking and beastly under the hood. When using steptronic the engine releases some mean horses. The stereo people have complained about but I must say, I think it takes some time to break the speakers in to sound great. Love the Xenons and the automatic tilting side view during reverse. The trans definitely seems to be showing some issues but not worried, the warrantee will cover

Great Car for Price
By cosmicstar on 09/10/05 16:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Other than transmission recall, I've had no problems with this vehicle. Not a big fan of having to use PREMIUM fuel. The exterior is sleek and stylish and interior is comfortable and beautiful. Dashboard seems to rattle which can be annoying. Overall love everything this car has to offer for the price.