2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Pride and Joy: My 2003 Acura TL Type-S
By T. Godfrey on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

From the moment I took delivery of my 2003 Acura TL Type-S, I knew it was going to be a match made in heaven. From its smooth acceleration, superb cornering ability, roomy interior, dependability, and the blissful aesthetics - I am still convinced I made the correct choice in purchasing an Acura. While driving to/from work, I still get the occasional stair from curious on- lookers. I love my TL!

Excellent Value
By billbo on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love all the feature's. 6CD, Bose system, 260hp engine, sports-shift trany, leg room, interior design is awesome. Test drove a Nissan Altima, Maxima. Pontiac Grand Prix, Kia Altima and everything a could find in it's class and this car just fit. What is up with the brake's though? Less than 4,000 and I can hear a grinding sound! Bringing the car in for my first check this week. Paid 27,200 for this car and I wan't to keep for 10 years.

Won't Buy Another One
By turkey-trot on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My wife has owned this car for less than two years. We were sold on its so- called reliability and resale value. In 35,000 miles we've had front pads and rotors replaced, water pump replaced and now the transmission has to be replaced. We're scared to death of what might come next after the warranty expires. This thing has been pampered and it's falling apart. Maybe KIA built this thing instead of ACURA. It's got to go.

Great car from Acura
By ljgordon on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car was my first venture into the Japanese auto market. All of my previous cars were either American or German made. To say that I was not disappointed would be an understatement. When I first drove it, I had difficulty in determining the differences in handling and performance I got in the BMW. There was practically no difference, even with the Acura's front wheel drive. Acceleration was superb, steering was tight, and the ride was comparable to anything the Germans make. It provided excellent road feel. Fuel economy of 23 city and 31 highway is outstanding, too. The car has been absolutely reliable, with no service issues whatever.

acura tl s
By jaymaya on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I like the vehicle very much. It handles better than expected. comfortable, exceptional automatic shifting. not too bad on gas.

First Import
By danimal007 on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is my first import and I love it. Acceleration is great...only v- 8's can beat you. The ride is awesome.

Great Car TL-S
By Kiry on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This has been a great car for both me and the wife and little kids. I like how much room is in the back seat for car seats. Big roomy trunk. I love driving this car. It has a lot of get and go!

A Trinity of Positives
By Joe Gibbs on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle provides an excellent powertrain with proven reliability, alluring styling, and all for a apectacular value. p.s. the navigation system is worth it if you have the extra $.

2003 TL Type S
By paeimay on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Very reliable. Plenty of power. Handles well - great suspension. Stylish with a nice mix of class and sport.

Had it for 1 & 1/2 yrs and still like i
By gogre on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Have had TL-S for about 1 & 1/2 years. 30000 miles. Excellent passing speed. 0-30 acceleration just fair. Some shifting delay with manual shifter. Noticeable oversteer with fast cornering. Interior holding-up well. Whole car still looks/runs like new (if I wash it!). Had timing belt (dealer recall) and CD player fixed without a hassle. So far, great service. Have tried using regular and mid-grade and did notice a performance drop. Has huge trunk. Not exactly a head-turner (like BMWs, Audis or G35), but I saved $5000+ on this car.