2003 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
2003 Acura TL
By p glazier on 08/10/06 14:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent car, typical Honda Product, very well built, fun to drive, no problems. Automatic Climate Control needs to be tweaked if below freezing, works fine the rest of the time. Car gets 31 mpg highway, 23 around town.

What a car
By Cathy on 08/07/06 13:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

What a car... I just love my Acura. I have had no trouble, I love the design, the speed the look and the quality. The only thing that I don't like is the mileage per gallon. But I guess you can't have it all.

Great car, great value!
By Scott'sTL on 07/03/06 16:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

No doubt the best car I've ever owned! Purchased at end of my lease, as I could not find a better combination of performance, features and comfort. Strong, smooth acceleration, ride & handling rock steady at high speed. Averaged 23- 24MPG overall, 30MPG at 75+ cruising.

My Acura is my love
By 8motor8pheen8 on 06/30/06 11:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car but with every car their is downsides but this vehicle i have found the least down side with execpt for the center console position and the windows. I think that the windows could have a factory shade of tint put in a little darker and the felt on the roof is very delicate unlike the new ones which it feels very durable.

Value for your dollar
By Colorado Sunshine on 05/11/06 13:18 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love it ! This car is fun to drive, easy to maintain, zippy and attractive.

Excellent
By Paul on 05/04/06 19:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

What a joy to drive. This is a dream car for anyone. If you want to have a car that will be fun to drive and last a lifetime, then this is the car for you.

Excellent Car.
By Jason on 04/21/06 13:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new almost 3 years ago - thus far, it has been flawless. Nothing has gone wrong with this car. It is quick, it is comfortable, it handles well, and it's held up well both inside and out. I have had to avoid 3 accidents with emergency braking and manuvering - each time the car has reacted perfectly along with the anti-lock brakes - the car's performance has kept me out of accidents on both wet and dry roads. My only expenses to date have been the regularly scheduled checkups recommended by Acura (every 7,500 miles - which include oil changes). The dealer's service department has been very good as well.

Second Acura
By Megan on 03/28/06 07:46 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Acura. I greduated from a 1999 3.0 CL from Acura of Boston. I bought the 03 Acura TL in Silver, Type S with Nav from SunnySide Acura in NH w/47K. I can't say enough about Acura's! The sales process both times is simple & I never felt like they were trying to be shady. The great thing about Acura's are they come fully loaded. This car rides like a dream. The interior is plush (the leather is luxorious and soft. The Navigation and Onstar are great toys to have and I have to say accurate even with our big dig. I drive like a maniac and this car holds the road and never fails to make me feel safe. My last Acura I never spent $ on repairs I expect the same from my new TL!

Stay Away From Used 2003 TL-S
By Motley on 03/25/06 14:31 PM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Nearing the end of my lease on an '03 TL-S. Got it because dealer was marking down vehicles to make way for new '04s. Didn't research the vehicle beforehand as much as I usually do. So far, dealer has replaced the decal stripping around all exterior windows, the driver's side window controls replaced, clock light is out, seats squeak when driving over bumps, 6-disc CD has been on the fritz for months. I have been to the dealership 3x for the CD player, and they have had to re-order the unit because replacement doesn't work, or they've used it to repair the stereos in other cars. The tranny is now frozen in Park, will take it in on Monday. Do not buy '03 or prior year TL.

overated
By K Nguyen on 01/30/06 20:47 PM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I reall enjoy the car when I am able to drive it. The car is great in fuel consumption. I am still averaging 22mpg in city and 29.2 mpg on highway, which is one of main reasons why I bought it. However, I've had a few problems worth mentioning. Alignment was off within first 10k mi. I've had the battery replaced at 23K mi. All under warranty. At 30k mi. front rotors were warped and new brake pads had to be replaced. This set me back $200.00. The tranny seems to be in good condition -- knock on wood. Now at 37k mi. the tires have dry rot and in need of replacement. Anything but those overpriced Michellins. Probably will go for the Yokohama Avid v4s at Tirerack. Any thoughts?