Used 2003 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Second Acura and Loving It!!
By SnappiGirl74

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Let me start by telling you this is my second Acura. I bought my TL type-S in 2006 because I needed to have four doors (my CL only had 2). I bought this car with 30,000 miles on it and it now has 120,000. I have NEVER had a single issue with this car...not even with the transmission. The car is powerful and confident when driving, comfortable on long drives. The car's navigation is great, the touchscreen is very user friendly. I upgraded the nav disk once in 2009. The TL is packed with everything that you would need in a car without the outrageous price tag. I am currently getting 27 mpg with both city and highway driving.

Handling, comfort, power, luxury and navigation. This car's price point makes me feel like I got a steal! The reliability of Acura. My TL and CL never cost me in repairs except routine replacement that always lasted longer that manufact. said.

Better tires for all season, better noise control in the cabin (still pretty quiet but could be a little better).

Do Not Buy!!!
By Disappointed

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2003 Acura TL Type S used with 49,000 miles in January of 2008. It WAS a great vehicle until the odometer hit 66,000 miles; that's when the transmission failed and had to be replaced. The cost of the replacement was $3,500. I purchased this vehicle based off of Acura's claim of producing quality and reliable products. My Acura has not exhibited any of these claims. I should have listened to the consumer reviews I read while researching this vehicle. There was an alarming number of reviews warning of transmission replacements. Will not buy another Acura again.

Vtech engine; fuel economy; Bose Stereo; lower profile than newer TL's.

Start with building a quality product and extend the extended warranty for the transmission to ALL 2003 TL's.

I love my TL-S!
By saige

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my TL used with 37K miles on it after my 9 yr old Prelude bit the dust. I had never purchased a used car and was cautious. I wanted something that was family friendly and reliable, but still had that v-tech since I just LOVED my Prelude. Four years later I have never had any major problems (except the transmission that was recalled and replaced for free by the dealer - it never died completely just was sounding funny, RPMs were strange,etc....) but I could not be more pleased. It pays off next year and I plan to drive it as long as possible. Best purchase ever.

Reliable, comfy leather interior, great engine - speeds up fast and handles beautifully.

Body shape - but mine is the one before they drastically improved the body. Love the new body (2004 and newer!)

Great All-Around Car
By L. Do

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving this car for over 100K miles now, and still love it. The performance is strong, handling is good, very comfortable and roomy, and super reliable as expected from a Honda/Acura. Of course, unfortunately, this year model has the transmission recall and I'm on my 3rd tranny now. Despite the tranny problem, I still love this car because it's one of the best all around performance sedans you can buy. This car is very fun to drive hard with Vtech rush to keep driver enthusiast smiling. Other than the tranny, I had no problem with anything else, just regular oil change is all it's needed.

High performance engine, strong acceleration, comfortable ride, smooth and quiet transmission, well built, reliable, intuitive NAV, fully equipped, great Bose sound system, aged well, and best buy in its class.

Transmission should be fixed, need stickier tires, stock Michelin was terrible, telescoping steering wheels.

Will own till it dies
By Raider

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fantastic ride. Very comfortable, roomy interior with great sporty performance. Looking for some power at less cost - this car is a great option.

17in alloys, cd changer, spacious trunk, many airbags, spoiler (a must have I don't think the car looks nearly as good without it).

Wish it would accept an aftermarket sub woofer. Steering wheel controls have been switching up on me (volume controls the channel changer).