2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
very disappointed
By banditday on 07/14/05 15:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I loved my car when I first bought it. Put the CompTech headers, exhaust, springs, swaybars plus Koni shocks and Brembo Gran Turismos on it under factory warranty. Well, less than 6 months after I bought the car I start having paint problems - horrid peeling, bird doo eating through the paint (my other car is 8 years old and looks amazing - this Acura looks 20 years old at 2). Now I'm in the tranny recall issues.... on my third tranny. Tranny #2 had zero power to the ground. The car was being outgunned by delivery trucks! I am furious with Acura - my family has owned 8 or 9 Acuras, ranging from Type R Integras to TLs and CLs.... and Acura won't do a thing :-(

My 2003 TL-S
By Dennis on 02/25/05 13:22 PM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the 2003 TL-S for the last 2 years. I added comtech exhaust, headers and icebox. It easily has 305 hp. This car is fun, quick and a thrill to drive. I'm an old man who likes my car to get up and go when I want it to. I have had a problem free experience with my Acura. I love it.

Excellent Choice
By bigragu on 02/25/05 10:33 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I made the purchase after looking at Accord and Maxima. Someone told me to check out TL. I drove the Type-S and purchased it immediately. I very reliable car. Would purchase again in a second.Took to dealer for oil change, they noticed the tranny recall, gave me a loaner, and was all completed painlessly in a day.

Beemer Beater?
By Paca on 02/24/05 13:58 PM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I have been driving acuras for the past 12 years. I still own my 98 3.0CL Coupe (130K miles) and my wife still has her 99 Intgr Vtech (83K miles). Just bought 03 TL Type-S for weekend and leisure use ONLY. Was thinking about purchasing a 02! BMW 530i, with a price tag of 33K and a much slower 0-60, it was a no brainer. I laugh every time I see a 525,528, or 530 Beemer at a red light that wants to challenge my Type-S. Think they need to do a little more homework and purchase that pricey 540? My Type-S so far is slick, smooth, and fast. Took it in for routine svc and got a 05 loaner, WOW! Cornering, stopping and hiccup free acceleration! Definitely a Beemer Beater.

Overall a Good Deal
By David on 02/18/05 00:07 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I'll be returning this car in a few days after 70,000+ miles. I enjoyed it very much. A few problems which were unexpected for a Honda product. Rearview mirror fell off in the first week. Had a wheel bearing go out within the 1st yr. And just got a new transmission due to the recall. All problems were taken care of by the dealer. Given that, I really liked the way the car drove and how comfortable it was. I needed something with a little room, especially in the rear seat and this was better than all comparable vehicles. All in all a good value. Now I have a 2005.

Great Vehicle!
By 1HappyGuy on 12/31/04 11:45 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After driving this car for two years we still love it. When we were in the market for a second car we returned to the same dealer and purchased another Acura, this one an RSX. Solid vehicles, no problems and great service. Would do it all over again.

jimbo's type S
By jimbo's tl on 11/23/04 17:32 PM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura, and it won't be my last. By far its been very reliable, the tranny shifts smoothly to the redline. I've heard of the tranny recall, i don't notice of any problems with the tranny. I've owned toyotas and nissans prior to buying this car. This car has it all for the price of 27k. Definitely a keeper, would buy another in the future. Keep up the good work Acura.

acura rocks
By fumi on 11/07/04 17:43 PM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

best decision i ever made. the horsepower is unreal compared to my last car a chrysler. handling and dependabilty are great. the looks i get in this car are worth every penny i spent on it. people say that it's a souped-up honda. its so much more than that. i have had no problems with it so far except that the passenger side seat heater doen't work, but i don't sit on that side anyway. great car up and down would recommend it to anyone, young or old.

poor car
By username on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

the car broke down as i bought at 45000miles

King of the Road
By Marso on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After 2yrs (albeit only 13K miles), the car is as awesome now as it was when I bought it. Driver's seat squeak and lack of punch in the stereo are my only complaints. The car encourages you to go faster as you feel the power trying to take over. The look is sharp in Black/Black, Navi system lots of fun and useful. Have heard of tranny issue on some early '03's, which mine is, but got notice from Acura of extension of warranty to 7 yrs/100K, so they're standing behind it. Would buy again in a second.