Used 2003 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2003 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Great Car, Great Buy
By GreatSmile

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After test driving the TL type S, I just have to get one. I was looking into GS300 and almost took delivery on one. The handling and horsepower on the type S is awsome. Sure the brand new 2004 are coming but the 03' TL type S is still a great performance car and should not be overlooked.

Favorite Features

260hp, 17in tires, 6cd changers, heated seats and side mirrors

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice if a rear spoiler is standard on type S

Excellent car
By bobn

2003 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Hadn't planned on buying this car, but glad we did. Excellent value for the $$. Beautiful exterior and interior styling, much nicer-looking than Accord or Infinity. I am normally a German-car driver, but I think this car has an excellent mix of comfort, handling, smoothness, power, gas mileage, and all-around bang for the buck. We get much better HWY gas mileage than I expected (~28+ mpg). Very quiet ride. Feels & drives very safe & solid. Suspension eats up road bumps like nothing. Quiet smooth engine, but still growls when you step on the throttle!

Favorite Features

HID headlights are excellent! Very comfortable on road trips (calms me down as a driver, even in fast city traffic). Smooth suspension, but still takes turns well. Plenty of power for 99% of people. Great-sounding stereo. Minimal body roll for a car this size. Memory seats/mirrors are great.

Suggested Improvements

Not too fond of foot parking brake. Throttle is a bit touchy in stop-and-go traffic. Climate control should allow a VENT-only setting without making me turn OFF the A/C every time I turn the fan on. Somewhat cheap-looking interior plastic wood trim.

Outstanding Dollar Value
By FloridaGuy

2003 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I 'stepped down' from a 2001 Q45 to the 2003 TL, because I thought the 'Q' was too cumbersome and conservative. While the TL cannot match the comfort level and stereo system of the 'Q' it is almost everything I had hoped for. I think the TL is an outstanding value for its price. I paid $26,450 for mine, and I think it's worth every penny!

Favorite Features

Nimble handling, great acceleration, decent gas mileage, smooth ride, clean lines. Allows me to fit a second car in my garage.

Suggested Improvements

Headroom, auto headlights, cupholders, telescoping steering wheel, lights for homelink buttons.

tl-s with navi is a great car
By ed2321

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

GREAT CAR!!!

Suggested Improvements

make the navi's dvd more affordable since the player will be obsolete only after a few years of development.... more sightlines for the driver as well... otherwise...I...LOVE...THIS...CAR

Excellent Car - few nits
By Old Joe

2003 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has every option I can think of, good power and handling, and the price was very good. Resale is very good (from what I understand) as demand is high for Honda products - so I won't have to break my neck to sell it one day. Yes - I have a few nits with it but for the price, I don't think you can beat it. The Accord is close - especially the new one but the price is very close too if you opt for a loaded Accord EX vs the base TL (which is already loaded). I also find our area Acura dealer a lot better to work with than the Honda dealers in our area (better respect for customers, better treatment overall).

Favorite Features

Xenon Headlights - I can see again at night! Also, the power is very handy in tight situations. Sometimes, it just seems like everyone else is in a go-kart. 6 CD in-dash unit is great!

Suggested Improvements

Too many squeaks and rattles! Brake rotors tend to warp easily - free updated rotors at dealer corrected it but why not just make them better to begin with. I have gotten used to the ride now but when I first got the car I thought it was a bit harsh.