Used 2003 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2003 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Stype is great!
By LAdaveH

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I just picked up an S type 3.2 and I want to say that I am very happy with my decision. Acura is more car than others in it's class. The car came fully loaded with 6CD chnger, full NAV syst., Onstar services, electric seats (heating option as well) along with way more room in the car. Mercedes and Infiniti wanted so much more for the features that came standard with the Acura. With the money that I saved I can pay for my insurance and gas throughout the year. Most imortant feature on the car is that it drives well...fast, handles well, and the interior is extremely quite. Great car and a great deal!!...260hp helps as well!

Favorite Features

The drive of the car...smooth and powerful. The car came with more options standard that any other in it's class.

Suggested Improvements

I like this body style in comparison to the 2004 model that is coming out. Seems like this model has a little more gerth. The new '04 model looks just like the new Honda Accord.

Love the Type S
By Bob Mattivi

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car. I would buy another one. The only problem is that we needed brake pads after 12,000 miles. No problems in 16,000 miles. A great car.

Favorite Features

select shift and the power. It reallty goes. Cruise control is east and I like the steering wheel mounted cruise, and radio. The navigation system is great and easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

larger brake pads

Cheap and fast
By gfeld

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This has to be the most affordable sports sedan on the planet. Where else can you lease 260hp for a little more than $300/mo? A 2 dr accord is almost the same price. Why buy Honda when you can buy their luxury brand for not much more?

Favorite Features

Seats are comfortable on long hauls, power is more than ample in almost all situations; providing a M5 doesn't pull up next to you.

Suggested Improvements

Needs compass, dual climate control, more controls on steering wheel, advanced cruise control

Excellent overall change
By dealerbasher

2003 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at the previews for 2004 TL and disliked its overwrought styling. The present model is elegant and classy. The TL is well-designed for long trips, the interior is superb, the handling is precise. Love the step- tronic tranny, TL accelerates quickly with a base engine; I found no need for type-S. A bargain compared to tiny BMW- 3, or 530, Benz C320, or Inf. I35. Lexus ES300 looks too much like a Camry and costs 36K+ with leather. TL is ultimately the best all-around choice. I prefer its FWD configuration because it does much better in CO winters than RWD found in 2 competing sedans.

Favorite Features

Step-tronic transmission (great passing time), luxurious interior, elegant styling (newer models have prominent grills), comfortable pwr front seats. Cornering and handling, good Mich tires, safety. Memory system for 2 drivers/2 keyfobs. Great Bose stereo with 6CD indash changer.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing as of today. The 1999 transmission issues have been fixed for 2003.

OK car for the bucks
By tph

2003 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura but it won't be my last. The car is well built. The engine is outstanding. The handling (high speed cornering) is not shabby either. The car just feels solid! nit-picks...(1) the leather could be of higher quality. (2) The glove box is a joke. (3) the stereo is over rated. The sound is not as deep as my previous car. (4) The Engine is quiet, that cannot be said for wind noise. That said, this car is still a great buy!!!!

Favorite Features

Acceleration & Handling.

Suggested Improvements

Stupidly small glovebox. Smoother deceleration/downshift.