2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Good but not great
By Andy on 04/10/07 06:15 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I have been very happy w/ my '03 TL-S. Pros: fun to drive, styling, handling is good. Con: no auto lights, vehicle information display is limited (no mpg, mile remaining, oil life, etc), wiper spray doesn't work below freezing, no dual zone heating/cooling. I had some transmission problems early on, two wheel bolts sheared while driving, and the steering wheel stereo controls quit working about at about 80k. I have always thought I would have been happier with the Infinity G35, which will be my next car most likely.

Like it, but problems
By Dave on 03/01/07 16:07 PM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I really do like this car. Great interior appointments, Nav is great because you can use it while you drive (good and bad, but you can find restaurants on the fly) and the car has excellent acceleration in the limited powerband. However, I am on my second transmission. The shuffling through gears is rough, and it has issues picking a gear from 45-55 mph. The seats are squeaking, and there is a rattle in the dash. I am going to take it to the dealer to have these fixed before I give it back to them at the end of my lease. Good car, but beware of the transmission and engine issues.

Oh my God!!
By acuralover85 on 02/11/07 22:09 PM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my 2003 Acura TL Type S. This is the car of my dreams. Its fast, gorgeous, and reliable. I cant say anything bad about the car really. I have a great amount of head room (I'm 6 feet), excellent power, and good gas mileage. The car gets so much looks it's outragous. I get compliments on the clean leather interior all the time, and the car has an excellent paint job. I just love how the car came fully loaded with everything. I think I will drive nothing but Acuras from now on.

I went from Ford escort to acura TL
By I need mine on 01/25/07 19:57 PM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Buying my acura was the best thing that happend to me in a long time. Being a 22 year old man you dont want to just drive anything. I really got sick and tired of my 1994 ford escort and decided it was time to upgrade and get something sophisticated and stylish. This car gets so many looks its outrageous.

Great Value
By DeezNets25 on 11/16/06 13:30 PM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great acceleration, excellent ride quality, quiet ride, tons of room.

2003 Acura TL
By p glazier on 08/10/06 14:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent car, typical Honda Product, very well built, fun to drive, no problems. Automatic Climate Control needs to be tweaked if below freezing, works fine the rest of the time. Car gets 31 mpg highway, 23 around town.

Great car, great value!
By Scott'sTL on 07/03/06 16:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

No doubt the best car I've ever owned! Purchased at end of my lease, as I could not find a better combination of performance, features and comfort. Strong, smooth acceleration, ride & handling rock steady at high speed. Averaged 23- 24MPG overall, 30MPG at 75+ cruising.

Excellent
By Paul on 05/04/06 19:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

What a joy to drive. This is a dream car for anyone. If you want to have a car that will be fun to drive and last a lifetime, then this is the car for you.

Second Acura
By Megan on 03/28/06 07:46 AM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Acura. I greduated from a 1999 3.0 CL from Acura of Boston. I bought the 03 Acura TL in Silver, Type S with Nav from SunnySide Acura in NH w/47K. I can't say enough about Acura's! The sales process both times is simple & I never felt like they were trying to be shady. The great thing about Acura's are they come fully loaded. This car rides like a dream. The interior is plush (the leather is luxorious and soft. The Navigation and Onstar are great toys to have and I have to say accurate even with our big dig. I drive like a maniac and this car holds the road and never fails to make me feel safe. My last Acura I never spent $ on repairs I expect the same from my new TL!

Stay Away From Used 2003 TL-S
By Motley on 03/25/06 14:31 PM (PST)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Nearing the end of my lease on an '03 TL-S. Got it because dealer was marking down vehicles to make way for new '04s. Didn't research the vehicle beforehand as much as I usually do. So far, dealer has replaced the decal stripping around all exterior windows, the driver's side window controls replaced, clock light is out, seats squeak when driving over bumps, 6-disc CD has been on the fritz for months. I have been to the dealership 3x for the CD player, and they have had to re-order the unit because replacement doesn't work, or they've used it to repair the stereos in other cars. The tranny is now frozen in Park, will take it in on Monday. Do not buy '03 or prior year TL.