Used 2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Do Not Buy!!!
By Disappointed

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2003 Acura TL Type S used with 49,000 miles in January of 2008. It WAS a great vehicle until the odometer hit 66,000 miles; that's when the transmission failed and had to be replaced. The cost of the replacement was $3,500. I purchased this vehicle based off of Acura's claim of producing quality and reliable products. My Acura has not exhibited any of these claims. I should have listened to the consumer reviews I read while researching this vehicle. There was an alarming number of reviews warning of transmission replacements. Will not buy another Acura again.

Vtech engine; fuel economy; Bose Stereo; lower profile than newer TL's.

Start with building a quality product and extend the extended warranty for the transmission to ALL 2003 TL's.

I love my TL-S!
By saige

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my TL used with 37K miles on it after my 9 yr old Prelude bit the dust. I had never purchased a used car and was cautious. I wanted something that was family friendly and reliable, but still had that v-tech since I just LOVED my Prelude. Four years later I have never had any major problems (except the transmission that was recalled and replaced for free by the dealer - it never died completely just was sounding funny, RPMs were strange,etc....) but I could not be more pleased. It pays off next year and I plan to drive it as long as possible. Best purchase ever.

Reliable, comfy leather interior, great engine - speeds up fast and handles beautifully.

Body shape - but mine is the one before they drastically improved the body. Love the new body (2004 and newer!)

Great All-Around Car
By L. Do

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving this car for over 100K miles now, and still love it. The performance is strong, handling is good, very comfortable and roomy, and super reliable as expected from a Honda/Acura. Of course, unfortunately, this year model has the transmission recall and I'm on my 3rd tranny now. Despite the tranny problem, I still love this car because it's one of the best all around performance sedans you can buy. This car is very fun to drive hard with Vtech rush to keep driver enthusiast smiling. Other than the tranny, I had no problem with anything else, just regular oil change is all it's needed.

High performance engine, strong acceleration, comfortable ride, smooth and quiet transmission, well built, reliable, intuitive NAV, fully equipped, great Bose sound system, aged well, and best buy in its class.

Transmission should be fixed, need stickier tires, stock Michelin was terrible, telescoping steering wheels.

Will own till it dies
By Raider

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fantastic ride. Very comfortable, roomy interior with great sporty performance. Looking for some power at less cost - this car is a great option.

17in alloys, cd changer, spacious trunk, many airbags, spoiler (a must have I don't think the car looks nearly as good without it).

Wish it would accept an aftermarket sub woofer. Steering wheel controls have been switching up on me (volume controls the channel changer).

I LOVE IT!
By Scotty

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car one year ago. So far it has been a pleasure owning it. 260h(200whp) engine delivers smooth power when you need it. Interior is spacious and well designed. Large trunk. So far it has been very reliable.

Nighthawk Black color is sharp! I have the factory body kit and despite being a 6 year old car, it's still a head turner and I get compliments regularly on how it looks. Factory HID's are nice. My dad's Mercedes E500 did not even come with HID's. Touchscreen navi is very easy to use and is handy. VSA.

None. It's a great car for what it is, practical.