Used 2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Love my TL-S
By A TL-S Lover

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It has been 6~7 months since I bought this vehicle and I like the ride of this car and superb control on the road. Leather seats are very comfortable and ample leg room in the rear seats. Trunk is also pretty big. Music system of Bose is awesome. Navigation helps me on the unkown roads. The V6 power is excellent and when using the manual gears power is much better you can feel it. Over all a very decent buy and you get the value of your money with all these standard features.

Handling of road is very nice of this vehicle. Sharp turns are perfect to control. I like the 6 in dash CD changer and Bose sub woofer gives very crisp & clear sound. Love the V6 power which I mentioned before also. Shifting the gears when in the manual drive is also very smooth.

This car does not have enough head room. I am 5'10" and when I am backing the car I always hit the roof. Work on making it more quieter from inside. Cruise & audio control buttons on the steering wheel should be lighted. hard to see the buttons in dark.

Couldn't be happier!
By Honest Guy

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The comforts of a BMW and the performance of a Corvette, coupled with the reliability and customer service of Acura, make this car a no-brainer. I've had a great time driving this vehicle and receive compliments from folks repeatedly. I've owned luxury cars and sports cars, but this has the best of both worlds (especially if you're like me and can't swing the Mercedes S-Class yet)...

styling, power/handling, navigation, onstar, luxury feel

If Acura could put all of the performance/styling qualities of TLS into the body size of RL, it'd be tough to beat

I'd buy it again if I had to do it over!
By Buzz Lightyear

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The features/options that are most important for a luxury sport sedan are included. The value clearly makes this car THE PICK of this category and price range. Handles beautifully at higher speeds. Comfortable ride but doesn't alienate driver from feel of the road. I like the interior styling (especially without the Nav system). Finally, the after purchase service--as I know from returning to Acura from a few misguided years driving a Cadillac--can't be beat. Still, I doubt that I will need anything but routine maintenance.

Mostly is the VALUE. The seats are maneuverable, comfortable, and supportive. The stereo system is very nice especially with the engine being as quiet as it is. I feel very confident driving this car. A largely American product.

Improve exterior style. Better steering wheel buttons and window controls. Automatic headlamps and automatic door locks should be included. Torque steer is an issue; to make up for this the automatic transmission is soft --upshifting from first to second and relatively low RPMs.

Stay away from the TL Type S
By phatgroove

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I would not buy again or recommend buying the 2003 TL Type S. It is a piece of junk. I've had the car for one year and needed to have the sunroof resealed (leaking), the brakes and rotors went twice (first time after 5 months - resurfaced - 3K miles, second time - completely replaced - 12500K.). These are just some of the major issues I've had with the car. Initial quality was great, but wait two months and the car will start to rattle and squeak.

Layout of the dash is clean, gauges easy to read, controls placed within good reach. Seating is very comfortable.

Better quality control. Higher quality seals needed and a better braking system. Side curtain airbag system.

great
By fic

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

great car, great reliability, great exterior design, nice colors, built to own for a lifetime. Love it!

great features