2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S Consumer Reviews 25

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Favorite Car Yet...
By speeddemon on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I puchased my 02 Acura TL type-S last August and have loved it ever sence. I drove an Explorer before it and the power is a huge difference. The type-S bolts you for 0-60 in about 6 seconds which is one of the main reasons I love the car. It never has problems getting on the highway or passing cars on two lane roads. I also love the handling which feels like you have "total power" over the car. Another feature I love is the gas millage. I have been getting around 29 mpg and for the power, that is really good. I would recomend this car to anyone becuase of the excelent ratio of price to features.

Near Perfection. No competition
By Acura1 on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The TL type S puts the competition to shame. We drove the Infiniti G-35 and there was no comparison. The transmission is exceptional. The acceleration is awesome. When using the sport shift feature the Acura gives you total control after second gear. The manumatic in the Infiniti takes over if you hold it a lower gear for too long. It defeats the purpose. Interior is very user friendly. Exterior is slightly on the modest side with a bid too much chrome for a sport model.

Traded in BMW for TL-S
By JingleJill on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2001 BMW 330i for a 2003 Anthracite TL-S and I couldn't be happier. The two cars are totally different, so it is not really fair to compare them. However, for the money, the Acura cannot be beat. Everything is standard (except nav). The TL-S is a great car. Real leather, a great stereo, an awesome engine, and it can hold four adults in comfort. I just passed 600 miles and I've averaged 23mpg. Not too shabby. I'll update again when I have more miles.

family car with a zip
By Jeff on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Title says it all....

3.2TL TYPE S NAVI
By GEORGEP on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

GREAT CAR PREVIOUS OWNER 3.5RL & ACCORD I THINK HONDA PRODUCTS ARE THE BEST OUT THERE. I DIDN'T LOOK AT OTHER BRANDS, BECAUSE I NEW FOR THE MONEY IT COULDN'T BE BET. YES THERE ARE A FEW THINGS THAT COULD BE DONE TO INHANCE THE CAR, BUT LETS DON'T GET TO PICKEY FOR THE $$$. I HAVE OWNED BMW AND FOR THE MONEY THE TL HAS IT HANDS DOWN.

Cannot beat this baby for the price
By Paradox on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car for the money and I got it for 2,000 off sticker. Much better deal than the 300M Special i was considering. Cheaper and has navigation which chrysler doesnt even offer. Plus you get Japanese reliability compared to American junk!

Overpriced HONDA
By joann on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a pony in a horserace. The advertised 260hp does not appear unless you floor the gas pedel. There is little or no torque, actually my mothers camry has more bottem end in normal driving. The ride is very rough an unrefined causing just about everything to rattle. The interior is cheap and is a carryover from a $16K Honda Accord with splashes of leather. DON'T buy it...get the loaded Honda Accord if you are in this market.

Best bang for the Buck!!!!!
By bigbri on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The 03' type S is like no other car. Comfort, Speed and handling is the cars strong points. I have to say the speed is the most excited thing about this car. 0-60 in the low 6's, is fast. I also love the sports shift. I recommend this car to my brother and he bought one. Test drive one and you will own it.

Acura Tl Type S
By Herm on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Leased the car in February and have just over 4000 miles. Car is fun to drive does everything well. Plenty of power, looks grow on you and is a solid all around car. Plenty of punch for the price.

Great Car
By rmfine on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had this car for a few days but I feel it is the best car I have ever owned. It is comfortable, quite, and very responsive. Additionaly, it looks great.