Used 2003 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 453 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

2003 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Love my Acura TL Type-S
By mary patterson

2003 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My only complaint is that the car requires premium gasoline.

Don't believe what the dealer tells you
By Larry Krause

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this vehicle used (106K) to replace my aging 99 TL. Dealer told me that the timing belt had recently been changed. At 123K it failed and l had to replace the engine. Vehicle has been great ever since. Replaced shocks and struts last year and it drives like a new car. Giving the car to my son and replacing it with my 5th Acura. A 2016 RDX.

The best car ever
By Sandra G

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 03 Acura TL S in 08. I paid $7,500. Worth every cent. I have had a Nissan Maxima / Mitsubishi Galant / Honda Accord/ Chevy Blazer/ Toyota Celica/ Ford Explorer just to name a few. This is by far the best car I have ever had. It had 70,000 miles when I purchased it. It now has 180,000 miles on it and still going strong. I keep up with the oil changes and tune ups. Just regular mantaince and it is as smooth as glass to drive. The acceleration smooth speed awesome just a fun & comfortable car to drive. My son is now driving it and loves it over the new 2014 Nissan Rogue.

Excellent in every way
By Gail Robinson

2003 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car in 2005 with 50000. It now has over 130,000 and is running strong. I have never had any problems, just routine maint. It has begun "rattling" but it is 12 years old! Handles perfectly, hugs the road, extremely reliable in snow. Couldn't be happier.

It has superior handling. Very quick and agile.

My Second and Last Acura
By GERALD P GENNARO

2003 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new and currently has about 50,000 miles on it. While this S-type is fun to drive, continues to get good gas mileage, and
looks good, I remain disappointed in the many little things that do not now and rarely have ever worked right (garage door opener; auto-dim rear view mirror). Have frequently had total battery failure that, in turn, makes it impossible to even open the trunk. Repairs and maintenance are expensive as compared to my Honda.

Redesign the key fob so it can't easily be activated while in your pants' pocket.