Loved my '02 TL Type S
By tl_lover828 on
2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
I purchased my "baby" with about 75k miles 4 years ago. I currently have 220k. I regularly service my car and up until 3 years ago, no problems. It is sad that this beauty has such an issue with the tranny. I paid out of pocket the 1st time, 4k with AAMCO. Acura would only offer a 30 day warranty. (??) 3 yrs & few mos later, it went again. I, well I tried to, have it repaired again. AAMCO had no idea what was wrong nor how to repair it. They had her for almost 6 weeks, with a rental, after I squawked so much. I finally got her back but she not been the same since. I am in the market to buy another car, but nothing else seems to meet my fancy.. I am willing to try a TL again.
Favorite Features
Sleek interior, navigation, roomy, sporty exterior, handling, well thought out instrument panel, 6 cd changer, bose sound system. Uhm everything except the transmission issues and that Acura does not stand up to the obvious malfunctions!!
Suggested Improvements
Own up to the goof... you have a phenomenal machine here and consumers that love it. Customer service and integrity goes a very long way... ask Johnson and Johnson
By jeff27yo
on 04/26/12 15:28 PM (PDT)

In order for Acura to fix the issue you need to file a complaint with these 3 organizations. 1. http://www.nhtsa.gov/Contact 2. http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/contact.shtm 3. http://www.bbb.org/us/auto-line-lemon-law/