I Love My '02 TL-S!!!!!!
By incinerary on
2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
This was MY first car. Parents supplied me with a '90 Civic for a year. Bought my TL early fall of 2012 with 169K and the fixed tranny and now a year later it has 187K with no problems. I take very good care of my car, I do 5000 mile oil changes with Mobile 1 Extended Performance oil and FRAM Ultra Synthetic Filter, & I don't beat on my car, keep it below 4K RPMs. When looking for a car, i wanted something nobody else has with a great mix of everything from looks to performance. This was the perfect match! It has a very smooth, quiet, and comfortable ride; I can go for a 2 hour drive and not feel soar afterwards. If something happened to this car, I would no doubt get another one!!
Favorite Features
This cars looks are amazing! Got it in Aegean Blue Pearl exterior and Black interior and when I saw it in person for the first time, boy was there a huge smile on my face! Everybody loves my car and I've gotten complements from random people too! :D I also have the Acura spoiler and that gives it a way better and sportier look! Interior is roomy and comfortable, & I love my heated leather seats in the winter! Heating and AC kick in really fast. I got new Akebono Brake Pads, Smooth Centric Rotors, and Bridgestone Turanza tires and driving and braking is all very smooth, quiet, and comfortable. Also has plenty of power under the hood and good traction, no hydroplaning and good in the winter!!!
Suggested Improvements
Some folds down rear seats for more cargo space would be nice, but it already has a pretty big trunk. Also from going to a sub-compact vehicle to a mid-sized luxury seden was quite a difference in terms of size. Parking took a little bit to get used to. A tighter turning radius would be nicer. Also the rear visibility isn't bad, but blind spots and backing up was easier in my old car. But this car has a down-tilting side view mirror when the car is put in reverse, and that's a nice feature. Last, I know it's an old car, but some sort of AUX port for my iPod would be nice. Oh well, still has a nice sound system setup in it.