2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Is Acura having quality problems?
By not-as-happy on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Honda/Acura is the only car I've ever driven - but I'm starting to wonder what's going on over there. My TL rattled more than any other car I've ever DRIVEN, much less owned. The dashboard and console squeaked and rattled like crazy. I have it on pretty good authority that Acura "knows about the problem and it can be fixed." It was otherwise a tremendous automobile. but the ride was a little too rough for my taste so I took it back for an MDX - Best car I've ever driven but after 2 months IT squeaks a little. WHAT'S GOING ON OVER THERE?- YOU GUYS GET YOU QUALITY- CONTROL ACT TOGETHER!

Happy Owner
By SLM206 on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for a year and 1/2 and the only, picky thing I would change about it is the cup holders. It is a joy to drive, has the pick-up I need for merging onto busy freeways, and the ride is smooootttthhh. Everyone who rides in this car loves it. And the price makes it even better.

Loving Acura
By happywithacura on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We are extremely pleased with our new Acura. If you are not prepared to buy the Type-S model, don't test-drive it. If you are looking for a luxury sedan with sporty feel, excellent handling, premium sound, and comfortable ride, you have found the right car. The Type- S is a slightly tighter ride with improved handling over the regular TL model. However, the smoothness of the ride does suffer some. We are extremely happy with the car and would love to buy another to put next to it in the driveway.

TL rating
By Toni Donnet on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car has had excellent reliability. It's power is marvelous and the ride is comfortable. The interior could be buffed up a bit to make it match the car's performance capability.

Great car & great price
By Tls driver on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

The tl s type at 29k is a great buy. It's a dream to drive

TL is the TOTAL package
By Nader1 on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

There is really nothing else Acura could have done to enhance this vehicle. Every time I feel like getting the blood pumping, I just go for a ride.

A Truly Great Automobile
By Lynne on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has it all. Great styling, speed, comfort and handling. You really couldn't ask for more

2002 Acura TL-S
By Charles S. on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have the type-S and I would highly recommend it to anybody. It is by far the best car out there for the money.

TL-S Best Bang for the Performance Buck!
By mask0425 on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Best choice by far for the enthusiast in the price range. Excellent build quality and reliability. Loaded with features. Love the aggressive styling that's not a cop magnet! GREAT ENGINE!!! Tranny's OK, as far as reliability goes, I suspect that some of those in need of replacement were abused or misused by those who never drove a stick before...

Value Buy
By Value buyer on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

For the money, this car will match any feature for feature. The 260HP delivers on low-end and mid-range acceleration. The car corners flat and the breaking system is excellent. If I had known about an available 6 speed in 2003 I would have waited.