2002 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
DuncanReview
By DuncanAcura on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Problems with front brake rotors Squeaking Tires replaced at 42,000 so not bad. Unfortunately, the original Michelins were poor on wet surfaces Very reliable car, but not as fun as I had hoped. Poor depreciation -- Resale value most certainly not as high -- Acura offered me $16,000 after 2.5 years of owning this $31,500 car. 50% depreciation?

Very satisfied
By megadude on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I also test drove many other cars in the same general price range before buying this car. I thought it was the best car. I have had it for over 2 years. I still believe it is the best entry level luxury car. Period. Don't understand the comments about noisy air conditioning. Mine is whisper quiet ... even on the hottest, muggiest days of a Florida summer.

transmission problem
By steve bar on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

In my case the transmission died every 20,000 miles, the dealler has the car now they are changing the transmission the second time. There are lots of posting on the net about this, somehow consumer report and yourself ignor it. I wonder why???

I love this car!
By Barry Landau on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Wifes car (but she can't keep me out of it). 37,000 miles and no major problems. We actually look forward to raod trips in this car. Still worry about transmission stories, but go to the NHTSA website and you will see this is still only about 3% of the total. If it was an "American Product" that would probably be considered par for the course. I would buy another Acura, absolutely!

Great Car!
By jimhild on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

38,000 miles in 2 years, no repairs, only maintenance items. No downtime of any kind.

My 2002 Acura TL Experience
By George Mount on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Since purchasing my Acura TL over a year and half ago, I've been totally satisfied with the overall quality and performance of the vehicle. The look and ride comfort of the Acura was the main reasons for making this purchase. In the past, I've bought vehicles which were initially very appealing from a look and/or ride comfort perspective but I would quickly lose interest in the "look" and the ride became uncomfortable shortly after purchasing the vehicle (i.e., within 6 months). This has not been the case with my Acura, in fact, the look and the ride comfort continue to impress me more and more each passing month. Great vehicle!

Acura TL-S
By L pelletier on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned a multitude of cars. This is the best vehicle I have owned in 40 years.

transmission problem
By Cnslr56 on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Beautiful ride. Transmission replaced at 20000. under warranty. Shaken confidence, air conditioning not that great (cooling) seems not to cool adequately in 100+ degree weather, however my car is black with black interior. Great service at dealership, no pressure.

Affordable performance and reliability
By top2btm on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Driving comfort is the key to this vehicles superiority. Enough power when you want to punch it. No fears when you need to tromp on the brakes. Great sound system. Well placed controls and good driving visibilty make long trips and multitasking safe and enjoyable.

All Around Excellent Performance
By ScottBoulderCO on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The 3.2 TL (w/Navigation) has been an excellent vehicle. At almost two years old, our Acura has maintained a perfect repair record. While the interior design reflects that of its sister Honda (the Accord), the navigation system and sound deck differentiate it and blend in well with the dash. Despite only having the standard 3.2 Liter engine compared to the Type-S, our Acura will outperform many of the luxury vehicles owned by our neighbors. Acceleration, top speed (which is governed), and the smooth transmission make the Acura a best buy. For all consumers in the market for a luxury sports sedan, the TL is it!