2002 Acura TL Consumer Reviews 6

2002 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
great value
By terri on 03/16/05 09:30 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

In 3 years, other than routine maintenence I have never had this car in the shop. It has been the most reliable car I've ever owned, and I've always owned new cars (not used). What are considered options on most cars are included with the tl. The value is incredible. I have enjoyed every minute of owning and driving this vehicle. My next car will most likely be another acura.

Great car for the Money
By coolnincali on 02/23/05 12:57 PM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have read the reviews and must say that I agree with those that say the car is great. Those of you that got a car that was sub-par....sorry to say, you got the ONE lemon. This car has been great in every aspect of performance, value, and quality. I bought my car used with 32,000 on it and it now has 56,000 on it and the only thing I have had to do is regular maintenence. The interior is great and extremely comfortable. I like the heated seats and the fact that it has memory seating. I like the sequential sportshift better than when it's in automatic mode. I fee more in control and it seems to respond better. All in all Honda built a great car for the money with a small taste of luxury

Great Ride
By Rob on 02/13/05 19:35 PM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

So far, no problems with the car. I love the Type-S features. I have the Blue TL and I upgraded from an Accord. I like the power of the TL, and it's responsiveness. Only problems with 65k on it was normal maintenance and the recalls. Otherwise a fun car to drive.

Would like a "Twin"
By Rozman on 01/21/05 17:47 PM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car after being turned away by a snooty Mercedes Dealer. No transmission problems yet, did the recall on it. The tires are expensive, and can only get them at the dealer.Bose system is excellent added the X-M Radio to it. Get 30 mpg in normal driving. Love it....

Great car but where is the Honda reliability
By Honda owner on 12/01/04 23:26 PM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car with some quality control issues. Transmission is not the greatist thing, mine is starting to slip and car only has 22k on it. Other problems is it took the dealer four tries to figure out why my sunroof was rattling, finally they replaced the entire thing, no problems since. Engine is excellent. Comfort is great. Gas mileage could be better. I get around 19 in the city. I wish the car was rear wheel drive because there is occasionally too much torque steer. Otherwise great car.

Don't buy a '02...buy an '03
By TL - Tranny on 11/28/04 09:09 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The Acura TL Type-S is a great sport sedan. Acura has had a hard time with the '02 transmissions. Its a specific range of VIN numbers and if your car falls with in...there is an expected chance of problems with your vehicle. Mine is one of them. Not only do I have one of these cars but 2 and they both exhibit the same qualities. To make the story short, I'm on my 4th trasmission and its due for the next. You come to recognize the signs! The talk I have heard from my countless visits to my dealer is the '03 have had no problems. I will say the car has never left me stranded, but I have had to push it out of parking spots because of no "Reverse."

Great Ride
By snarisetty on 11/04/04 16:31 PM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Overall performance and build quality is great. Had to replace tranny @52K. Acura service was great, and replaced the tranny under warranty.

What a grate car.
By Getovait2005 on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

this is a grate car, nice looks, Grate Power, A nice Bose sound system nice outside lights . Some things could be better like a little more room, bigger trunk.

Fun Sedan
By vineviz on 09/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love the TL-S. Quality is bulletproof, and the car is quite fun to drive: it handles very well, accelerates smartly, and is very comfortable on my commute. There is plenty of space in the back for two child safety seats, and the front seats are comfortable and well- bolstered.

Keep On Runnin
By Northwest Guy on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Have had vehicle for under two years with 18k mi. I've read reviews about transmission issues, cheap interior, tires, as well as those who love to drive. Traded in a 93 Taurus SHO with a 24 valve Yamaha engine - Type S can't produce that power. The low center of gravity makes it handle exceptionally well on hard curves and turns (much better than the bloaty feeling in a Taurus). Once moving on water-slickened roads here in the NW, I haven't had ANY problems. Interior issues for some don't bother me - it's cleanly designed. Agree that transmission isn't perfect when running in auto mode v. tiptronic on the fly; sliding cover under sun roof rattles.