Used 2002 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 158 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

This Will Not Be My Last Acura
By Tony C.

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I use to own a 2006 Ford Escape that I only had for four months and the piece of junk truck keep breaking down on me just was not reliable. When I saw my new Acura I feel in love with it the day I saw it. This car is the best car that I have owned. For as big as this car is it is better on fuel than my 4 cyl Ford Escape was. I like the fact that when I lock the car I do not have an annoying horn that sounds just a quite beep.

Heated seats, memory seats, leather seats, sunroof, HID headlights need I say more

Automatic on headlights not just auto off

Still running
By TomB

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

196,000 miles. Last week go 29 mph in very cold conditions, often get 30 and always 25+ even in town. Front brakes @ 89K, rears at 112K, but 4 transmissions, all paid by Acura cheerfully with loaner car for each 3 day repair. Great car but boring and I told dealer never another until they fix the trans. New Acura still has 5 spd that won't hold 1st or 2nd. 2009 is too ugly, so I am waiting or going Genesis or 328 BMW. Too bad, as I would love to buy from them again.

I hate to get rid of it
By Sharon

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car new in October 2001 in Aegean Blue. I still get compliments on it all the time. It has a wonderfully large trunk that has been hard to match in other cars. I have driven many other near luxury cars and have found nothing else that compares. Recently I have had some "problems" both with the transmission and what I believe may be the fuel pump. The car does goes through brakes quickly. Overall, it has been my favorite car of all time and I really hate to think of selling it but I think the time has come. I have never kept a car anywhere near this long if that tells you how great of a car this has been.

Color, quickness, trunk capacity

Longer lasting brakes and transmission

A great car that improves with age
By BMW Enthusiast

2002 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We have had the 2002 Acura now for 6 years and the darned thing looks and performs exactly as if it had just pulled out of the dealership. It has always been a surprisingly nimble car, great handling, nice acceleration when you need it; but what's most remarkable is how well it has aged. Still feels like new. Never a single mechanical issue. Rock solid quality. I originally got it for the value and it has more than delivered. It's made me an Acura fan.

Nimble, responsive, extremely high quality.

Wish it had built-in bluetooth like the newer models.

Great Sporty Sedan
By JS

2002 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I picked up my 02 TL in Florida and drove it up to Minnesota about 64,000 miles ago. I now have 112,000 miles on it and it still drives just as nice. I just put in a timing belt, brakes, rotors, crossover cooling line. Acura gave me a 100,000 mi. warranty on the transmission since there were issues with a select few. The only thing I notice is that there sometimes is some hesitation when shifting into D5. You have to wait 1-2 seconds before applying the gas. Great fuel mileage. 26-28 city / 28-31 hwy. Record trip was made with a 34 mpg tank.

Navigation, control buttons on steering wheel, Bose sound.

Premium fuel only, CDs sometimes need assistance with ejecting.