2002 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
great, reliable car
By lda on 06/01/05 16:38 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fun to use in town, very good for long trips

great value
By terri on 03/16/05 09:30 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

In 3 years, other than routine maintenence I have never had this car in the shop. It has been the most reliable car I've ever owned, and I've always owned new cars (not used). What are considered options on most cars are included with the tl. The value is incredible. I have enjoyed every minute of owning and driving this vehicle. My next car will most likely be another acura.

great vehicle
By keithr on 05/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the TL for about a year now. I've owned a Legend and Accord in the past, however, the Tl is the best yet. Smooth horse power, great ride, and complete package:-)

Not completely luxury
By AJ Ditzler on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I cannot find a perfect seat position, neither can my wife. When my legs are the right distance from pedals, I'm too close to the steering wheel. Seats are slighly uncomfortable for long trips. Love the interior, thought I loved the exterior, but now seems a little bland. It is a very fun car to drive, but the OEM tires don't come close to matching the cars performance. As for holding its value, am very disappointed in what I see for trade in. New transmission at about 24000 miles, but dealer was excellent. Transmission always has and still feels very weird shifting into drive, very long delay. For the money, should have bought the Honda Accord.

Great overall car
By Chad983 on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Very reliable. No major problems in 2 yrs. Only complaints: paint seems to chip easily with normal road debris, and transmission hesitates from Park to 1st gear. Supreme gas makes a difference in this car. Climate control is great, and seats are very comfortable. I put ~80 miles/day to work, and have had back problems in the past, but not in the TL.

lost it's value
By gary kennedy on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the car for 2 1/2 years and it has 102,000 miles. No problems, not even brake replacement. Mileage is 30 mpg, better than rated. Very quiet,no wind noise, squeaks, or rattles. I was shocked when the dealer offerred me less than $10,000 dollars for trade on a new $35,000 TL.

Huge Miles/Perfect Car
By cadillacman on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I drive over 40,000 miles each year. In the past I have driven large Cadillacs and Lincolns. This TL costs thousands less, has every convenience I used in the other cars, and costs thousands less. And yet, this is the most comfortable car I have ever driven over many miles. Transmission went out at 48,0000, Acura has sent out a recall...Dealer replaced it. Dealer service has been exceptional (Norm Reeves).

Very satisfied
By megadude on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I also test drove many other cars in the same general price range before buying this car. I thought it was the best car. I have had it for over 2 years. I still believe it is the best entry level luxury car. Period. Don't understand the comments about noisy air conditioning. Mine is whisper quiet ... even on the hottest, muggiest days of a Florida summer.

My 2002 Acura TL Experience
By George Mount on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Since purchasing my Acura TL over a year and half ago, I've been totally satisfied with the overall quality and performance of the vehicle. The look and ride comfort of the Acura was the main reasons for making this purchase. In the past, I've bought vehicles which were initially very appealing from a look and/or ride comfort perspective but I would quickly lose interest in the "look" and the ride became uncomfortable shortly after purchasing the vehicle (i.e., within 6 months). This has not been the case with my Acura, in fact, the look and the ride comfort continue to impress me more and more each passing month. Great vehicle!

transmission problem
By Cnslr56 on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Beautiful ride. Transmission replaced at 20000. under warranty. Shaken confidence, air conditioning not that great (cooling) seems not to cool adequately in 100+ degree weather, however my car is black with black interior. Great service at dealership, no pressure.