2002 Acura TL Consumer Reviews 14

2002 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
TL-S Best Bang for the Performance Buck!
By mask0425 on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Best choice by far for the enthusiast in the price range. Excellent build quality and reliability. Loaded with features. Love the aggressive styling that's not a cop magnet! GREAT ENGINE!!! Tranny's OK, as far as reliability goes, I suspect that some of those in need of replacement were abused or misused by those who never drove a stick before...

Value Buy
By Value buyer on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

For the money, this car will match any feature for feature. The 260HP delivers on low-end and mid-range acceleration. The car corners flat and the breaking system is excellent. If I had known about an available 6 speed in 2003 I would have waited.

worth your $
By JZ on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven the car for alomost 1 year, and I feel very happy about everything. Go get one!!

Luxury at Honda Prices
By tinmantt on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the best car I've owned. Had European cars including Volvo, Audi, etc., but as an overall experience, they can't compete.

My good choice
By stevesil on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Comfort is exceptional, particularly for drivers who need thigh support. Handling is a pleasure. The car is totally responsive at highway speeds for both acceleration and braking. The driving experience has been excellent.

Get the Honda Accord instead
By sucker on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a overpriced honda accord. The suspension is not tuned which cause the car to become a bucket of rattles. I've visited my dealer 4 times and they have yet to fix everything. If you want a good buy...don't get this car...it's a k-mart special...a fake psudo lux car.

Review of 2002 TL
By dancetammy on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a luxury to drive.

Acrua TL Type S is a HIT
By Kareem on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The best car I've owned. It's packed with standard features and I love the navativagion system. Great stereo too.

Best Value for the Money
By Franz on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Looking for a car that has performance, luxury options, a quality build, and space. The Acura TL Type-S beats everything in the $30,000 range. I compared the top-end VW Passat (is feature-less in comparison), looked at Saab and Volvo (both are extremely small in this price range). 260 horses and rides like it's on a rail, quiet and loaded with features, what else could you ask for?!

Another Transmission Failure
By atlthinker on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I thought I bought a car that had great value for the dollar, but all of you folks whining about a particular street not being on the Nav system need to get over it...just wait 'til your transmission fails! You won't need to worry about where your going, but about how you are going to get there! This is not what I expected for such a highly rated vehicle and the build quality we have come to expect from Honda. And if you think this is a fluke, go to http://www.acura-tl.com and http://www.acura-cl.com and find out how many other Acura owners have experienced transmission failures...that's right...FAILURE, meaning needing to be replaced!