2002 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Loving Acura
By happywithacura on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We are extremely pleased with our new Acura. If you are not prepared to buy the Type-S model, don't test-drive it. If you are looking for a luxury sedan with sporty feel, excellent handling, premium sound, and comfortable ride, you have found the right car. The Type- S is a slightly tighter ride with improved handling over the regular TL model. However, the smoothness of the ride does suffer some. We are extremely happy with the car and would love to buy another to put next to it in the driveway.

A Pleasant Surprise
By arlo47 on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It was $$$ that sold me on the 2002 3.2TL -- I got an unbelievable price of $27,300 delivered through a dealership about an hour away via the AAA website. I have been amazed at how comfortable and luxurious this car is, not to mention solid and fast -- especially on the highway. The interior is absolutely beautiful, and the standard features list goes on forever.

Good Car
By Honda Rocks on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car! I have had a few issues with road noise, seat squeaking, and paint. Everything this else has been wonderful although Pohanka Acura is not where I will purchase my next Acura!

TL rating
By Toni Donnet on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car has had excellent reliability. It's power is marvelous and the ride is comfortable. The interior could be buffed up a bit to make it match the car's performance capability.

Love This Car - No Problems
By AcuraTim on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned this car for exactly one year I want to go on record as saying I have not had any problems. All I've had to do is change the oil every 4000 miles. I have 22000 miles so far and have not experienced any transmission problems. This care is a lot of fun to drive - and I feel it is fast, responsive, and handles quite well. It is also a very comfortable car to drive.

TL is the TOTAL package
By Nader1 on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

There is really nothing else Acura could have done to enhance this vehicle. Every time I feel like getting the blood pumping, I just go for a ride.

Great car & great price
By Tls driver on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

The tl s type at 29k is a great buy. It's a dream to drive

Best Value Out There
By tennisone on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Just drove home a new 3.2 TL. The engine is outstanding. Powerful and smooth. Interior detail is outstanding. Just wish it was a little quieter in the cabin, but the limited road noise gives it a sporty feel. Bose sound system is great. I love this car and will have it for a long time. Consumer Reports rates at recommended buy. Highest crash test ratings with IIHS. While there are better cars out there, there is no better value out there!

A Truly Great Automobile
By Lynne on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has it all. Great styling, speed, comfort and handling. You really couldn't ask for more

2002 Acura TL-S
By Charles S. on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have the type-S and I would highly recommend it to anybody. It is by far the best car out there for the money.