Used 2002 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 158 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

great value
By terri

2002 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

In 3 years, other than routine maintenence I have never had this car in the shop. It has been the most reliable car I've ever owned, and I've always owned new cars (not used). What are considered options on most cars are included with the tl. The value is incredible. I have enjoyed every minute of owning and driving this vehicle. My next car will most likely be another acura.

the heated leather seats, the moon roof, and the audio system. I have also enjoyed the vtec engine

a bit more head room would be nice

Great car for the Money
By coolnincali

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have read the reviews and must say that I agree with those that say the car is great. Those of you that got a car that was sub-par....sorry to say, you got the ONE lemon. This car has been great in every aspect of performance, value, and quality. I bought my car used with 32,000 on it and it now has 56,000 on it and the only thing I have had to do is regular maintenence. The interior is great and extremely comfortable. I like the heated seats and the fact that it has memory seating. I like the sequential sportshift better than when it's in automatic mode. I fee more in control and it seems to respond better. All in all Honda built a great car for the money with a small taste of luxury

sequential sportshift, power moonroof, memory seating, heated seats, navigation

High performance tires should come standard with a high performance vehicle. Change the tires out it will make a huge difference.

Great Ride
By Rob

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

So far, no problems with the car. I love the Type-S features. I have the Blue TL and I upgraded from an Accord. I like the power of the TL, and it's responsiveness. Only problems with 65k on it was normal maintenance and the recalls. Otherwise a fun car to drive.

Bose stereo, acceleration, xenon headlights, heated/memory seats. Responsiveness

Better transmission performance. Definitely an Accord on steroids.

Would like a "Twin"
By Rozman

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car after being turned away by a snooty Mercedes Dealer. No transmission problems yet, did the recall on it. The tires are expensive, and can only get them at the dealer.Bose system is excellent added the X-M Radio to it. Get 30 mpg in normal driving. Love it....

Heated Seats, Engine, Headlights, Seats, and Color (Agean Blue).

Tires, and fold down seats.

Great car but where is the Honda reliability
By Honda owner

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car with some quality control issues. Transmission is not the greatist thing, mine is starting to slip and car only has 22k on it. Other problems is it took the dealer four tries to figure out why my sunroof was rattling, finally they replaced the entire thing, no problems since. Engine is excellent. Comfort is great. Gas mileage could be better. I get around 19 in the city. I wish the car was rear wheel drive because there is occasionally too much torque steer. Otherwise great car.

BOSE CD/Radio, smooth 3.2 l V6 (type s)

Should have offered a manual transmission, Change location of the emergency brake (i feel like im driving a Buick with it down there!)