2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
worth your $
By JZ on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven the car for alomost 1 year, and I feel very happy about everything. Go get one!!

Get the Honda Accord instead
By sucker on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a overpriced honda accord. The suspension is not tuned which cause the car to become a bucket of rattles. I've visited my dealer 4 times and they have yet to fix everything. If you want a good buy...don't get this car...it's a k-mart special...a fake psudo lux car.

Acrua TL Type S is a HIT
By Kareem on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The best car I've owned. It's packed with standard features and I love the navativagion system. Great stereo too.

Best Value for the Money
By Franz on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Looking for a car that has performance, luxury options, a quality build, and space. The Acura TL Type-S beats everything in the $30,000 range. I compared the top-end VW Passat (is feature-less in comparison), looked at Saab and Volvo (both are extremely small in this price range). 260 horses and rides like it's on a rail, quiet and loaded with features, what else could you ask for?!

Another Transmission Failure
By atlthinker on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I thought I bought a car that had great value for the dollar, but all of you folks whining about a particular street not being on the Nav system need to get over it...just wait 'til your transmission fails! You won't need to worry about where your going, but about how you are going to get there! This is not what I expected for such a highly rated vehicle and the build quality we have come to expect from Honda. And if you think this is a fluke, go to http://www.acura-tl.com and http://www.acura-cl.com and find out how many other Acura owners have experienced transmission failures...that's right...FAILURE, meaning needing to be replaced!

sexy TL-S
By Hector on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far the best buy for your money. It's powerful, smooth, reliable, very elegant. What more could you ask for. It offers a luxurious feel, and at the same time it feels like you're driving a sports car. I would definitely pick this car over any BMW, Infinity or Audi in a heartbeat. Its the most powerful car in its class and about 10 thousand dollars cheaper. It doesnt take a genius to fugure out that this car is a steal.

Ferocious & Luxurious
By Nader on 03/10/02 14:08 PM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The 2002 TLS is the best car Honda/ACURA has ever made. This vehicle is the total package! I am truly in love....

Does anyone want to play????
By BGreen on 03/04/02 10:27 AM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I went to dealer for a regular oil change and a brand new 3.2 TL type s w/navigation was sitting in front of my face. The color really sold me on it, Aeigean blue. I went for a drive and the next thing you know I'm driving out wth it. The navigation is one of the best features. All you bimmer fans out there, paying all that money and you don't even have navigation. If you want all the bells and whistles plus outstanding performance, check out the TL type S.

Needs better rubber
By RJ on 03/03/02 19:16 PM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Edmunds reviews list a 0-60 6.6s.To get this out of the engine VSA needs to be turned off, so the tires spin.Normal people dont drive like that.Unless you are a person who likes to here the sound of rubber being laid down on pavement and the VSA warning flashing, 6.6 may not be right.My first experience was on a freshly paved road with VSA on, making me loose to an A4 CVT with FrontTrakk (6.9s).The next time I turned VSA off, let the tires spin, and got great acceleartion.

Just bought one
By SpartanMan2 on 02/27/02 22:41 PM (PST)

2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Nighthawk Black, beautiful, still breaking it in. Loving every minute behind the wheel. Had to buy a radar detector because I catch myself speeding so often in this car.