good, bad, ugly
By john cunninham on
2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
I had difficulty rating the "fun to drive statement" in this review as I don't find driving any vehicle fun. The idea is to get from A to B safely, and, economically, and in this regard the vehicle has done an excellent job. For its size, and, type I think the 29 MPG is very good. I now have 130000 miles on the car, and, aside from routine maintenance, no repairs have been necessary. In saying that the SRS system has not functioned correctly from day 1. First the car dealer told me that my cell phone was triggering the light, then putting parcels on the seat of less than 35 pounds was doing it, etc, etc. Once it went over its warranty mileage the story changed, it was defective.
Favorite Features
GPS is wonderful. Most car controls are convenient easy to understand, and, use. The heating, and, cooling system worked very well, and, I did like the heated seats, but, having subsequently moved to Florida that has become less important.
Suggested Improvements
The gear shift panel is a monstrosity. If that has not been changed on later models I will be surprised.Not the car, but the dealership's ethics over the SRS light need to be looked at.