Bad Transmission by Darius Erby
By Darius Erby on
2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
I love this vehicle, but the only issue I have with this vehicle is that it has transmission issues. I knew that the Acuras and Hondas from year 98 to 04 had transmission issues, but they extended the warrany out to 100000 miles. My trans went out at 90000 miles. It had 50000 on it when I bought it. I bought it in Atlanta. My trans went out on me in the mountains in Tennessee. I was frightened because my rpm's just started going crazy, I was driving about 70 mph and then my car just stopped accelerating and it started rolling backwards down the mountain, as it was rolling back I was able to roll into the emergency lane, and I almost got hit by a few 18 wheelers.
Favorite Features
The power, the performance, and the heaviness of it. Everything else is reliable except the transmission.
Suggested Improvements
MAKE A BETTER TRANSMISSION so you don't have customers being stranded in the mountains for 6 hours. I missed my 21st birthday party,due to the fact that I was driving from Atlanta to Chicago, because I was stuck in Chattanooga, TN for 2 days due to a bad trans.