Used 2001 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Fun car with nice dash board buttons
By Sheryl

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The TL beet out the BMW 330 and Inf I30. Fun to drive and so smooth that I easily hit 80mph thinking it's 65. Comfortable in stop and go traffic. Seat padding and multiple positions keep it comfortable. The TL steering, and cockpit dashboard made me feel like I still had a sports car. The only complaint was the service costs were rediculous: $100.00- $300.00/3k miles for oil changes and the other stuff they said I needed.

I regularly use the navigation system. Never make a wrong turn and am never late. Find gas stations and hotels by pushing a couple of buttons. Able to punch up hotels and get the phone numbers to make contact with my cell phone. Also love the dash displayed... very sporty and sleak.

The body could use some tweaking to make it look more sporty while maintaining the luxury vehicle status. It is too similar to the Accord on the outside even though it is way better with handling and creature comforts on the interior.

acura 3.2 T.L.
By Grant Smith

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car has been a great experience. The body style could stand to be redesigned, but the interior is great. I have been in the Audi A6 and the BMW 3 series niether of witch have the ease of operation of all controls like my TL.

The engine is awesome! Still has one of, if not the best, motors in its class.

Three words, RESTYLE, RESTYLE, RESTYLE

Not too shabby
By Phillip M.

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

For the most part I like what this car has to offer as basic features.. heated seats and mirrors, sunroof etc. I did have to have a new transmission but in after the last one almost killed me by stalling and almost stopping dead in its tracks on I-95 in Florida but overall I think it's a great car for the money and resale looks good.

The extras that are really part of the general package: Traction Control, Sunroof, Heated Seats etc.

A little more space in the back seat. For two adults back there it is not the most comfortable.

Buy this car!
By JoelCar

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been awesome! I have been very impressed with the quality, ride comfort, and how quick this car is.

This car comes loaded! The seats are the most comfortable of any car I've been in, and it will do 0-60mph in 6.7 seconds- all with the reliability of a honda!

I honestly can not think of any.

Quiet, Comfortable, yet Alert and Respon
By Avigramke

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I loved it from the first second. It looks and feels like a quiet luxury car (say the Lexus ES300), yet drives like a sports car. I drove the Lexus and its not even close - The Acura is much more fun, quiet and more taut and responsive.

Quiet, Fast and comfortable.

More Trunk Space, Back Wiper.

• SUV