2001 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Transmission Problems
By PatT on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I loved my T.L. up until last month. The transmission would not shift into 4th or 5th gear. I took it to the dealer for transmission replacement. When I picked it up, three weeks later, there was still a problem with it. Mechanics cannot seem to find the problem. Still not shifting properly and making an odd noise. Also windshield and wipers not good. Very dissappointed since I felt Acura was a very reliable car. A

OVERALL PERFORMANCE
By jUDY PRIES on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

OVERALL PERFORMANCE IS OK, BUT HAVE HAD PROBLEM WITH THE BRAKES,CRUISE CONTROL,WINDSHILED,SINCE TAKING DELIVERY OF THE CAR BRAND NEW, THE FIRST YEAR THE CAR WAS IN THE SHOP CONSTANTLY. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN THIS CAR, I AM TRADING IT FOR ANOTHER BRAND AND MODEL

Siggy
By Siggy Martin on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Wife's car, but steal it whenever she's not looking and make her drive my truck. Wonderful vehicle. Classy, sleak, peppy, stylish. Makes you "feel good" when driving it. Zips down the interstate at 90 with ease. 27 to 28 MPG is great for this fiesty V-6.

Great Car!
By rcmagic on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

To anyone considering a TL. I love it. It's a great car: reliable, quick, good looking. It's just right.

Very Dissappointed!!!!!
By CATHYP on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Have had nothing but problems with the car since the first week of ownership. Dealership and Acura Direct providing no remedy. The car has a severe engine hesitation since I purchased it. Sometimes the hesitation is very subtle other times very noticeable. Have been back numerous times without positive results.

Great Car
By jmccl on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is excellent in every way, including fit & finish. It has all of the amenities. I especially like the manual sport-shift for a little extra excitment, once in awhile. You will not find a better car for the money, and it is built in the USA.

Great Value
By David G Schmidt on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The TL is a very reliable vehicle. It offers loads of standard options which were unavailable on my Lexus 300 EX. Heated seats, garage remote control, and steering wheel radio controls are but a few of these features. Mileage averages 25-27 on the highway. The ride is a bit noisey-a combination of wind noise and rattle. The Lexus was a softer, more comfortable ride. All in all, a great car for the money.

Acura 3.2TL - Best value for your $$$
By John in SC on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I love our Acura TL. All extras come included, and because we bought our car right before the refreshed 2002's came out, we got a very good deal. All the while getting almost 30 MPG on the highway. We've had this car over a year now, and report zero defects or recalls. If I was shopping for a BMW 3 Series, or a Audi, VW Passat, etc., I would pass them all over for this vehicle. A $30,000 sticker, a transaction price of just over $26,000 and a current resale value of just over $25,000, the Acura 3.2TL might just be the steal of the century in the automotive marketplace.

Transmission failure at 10000 miles
By edsak on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had car only five months with 10000 miles and was told today I need a "new" rebuilt transmission. The whole reason for buying Acura is reliability, not with mine... Anyone else out there having problems with their transmission? By the way the "rebuilt" is warranted for only 36000 miles if purcahsed. Not a happy camper...

Not a Legend
By fillabuck on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Too much wind noise, front seats could be firmer, I like my 91 Legend much better.