2001 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Enjoyable car
By DoninOhio on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the car for 2 years now and have had minimal issues with it. The most serious was a brake issue and it was corrected under warranty and with no hassle. The dealership is professional and when I make arrangements they always have a loaner for me. The car is still fun to drive. I drive my wifes Solara and now her Camry. While they are nice cars there is no comparison to the drive and ride on my Acura. I have been well satisfied with my purchase thus far

Disappointed
By jbaccord on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased an TL after driving a 92 Accord for 10 years. What a dissappointment. The 10 year old Accord is much more fun to drive, handling is better, drivers seat much more comfortable. I am thinking about selling it and going back to an Accord. The TL is not worth the extra money. This is a subpar car with nice features at a fairly reasonalbe price.

Great Car
By jmccl67 on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The Acura TL 3.2 is the most car for the money. You will find all the features that you would want. It is so comfortable that you feel like you are riding in clouds. And it has the sport shift, that gives you an exhilerating ride. How could you ask for more?

The Tranny Got Me
By ValueDriven on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The performance and styling of my 2001 Acura TL are first rate. Fit and finish are good. Excellent reliability reports for the TL were an important factor in my purchase decision so imagine my surprise when my transmission started going out on me at 19000 miles. Apparently Acura is having a problem with this year and model and has extended the transmission warranty. They even tell you what to watch for. One other thing that has gotten on my nerves is the road noise. Racing-style tires and minimal noise insulation are probable reasons.

Faulty trans....
By Somewhere in TX on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After two replacements, they should get it right. They haven't. I'm sad to say that I won't buy another. I'm also sad b/c I love EVERYTHING else about this car. But, I also like it when my transmission doesn't drop when I'm getting on freeways.

Poor quality control
By Jim Govoni on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Transmission stays out of gear after shifting from park 1-5 seconds. ABS & TCS Lights come on together and go off after restart. Many squeaks and rattles especially when cold. Paint quaily is very poor, finish disolves from bird droppings within 3 days. Windshield has what appears to be permanent smears. Seat belt retractor on drivers side is way too slow and can get caught in the door. Dealer charged over $300.00 for 30k service, including an unneeded Trans. fluid change.

Great Car, Good performance!!
By GeorgeD on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I really love this car. The performance is really good and with everything standard you don't feel like your being takened.

My first Acura, not my last
By pware2226 on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Acura for a little over two years and I still love it. A GREAT car, especially when you consider the cost compared to similarly equipped cars. Many nice features!

GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY
By BRUCE JACOBSON on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I WAS LOOKING FOR AN ENTRY LEVEL LUXURY CAR AND THIS CAR FILLS THE BILL. IT IS EVERY BIT THE CAR THAT THE LEXUS ES350 IS AND $6000 LESS.THE AUTO SHIFT IS GREAT FUN AND THE GPS IS BOTH HELPFUL AND A NICE TOUCH FOR TRAVELING AND WORK. YOU NEVER GET LOST AND FUN AND EASY TO USE.

2001 Acurat TL is a 10!!!
By kcchef on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It's the best ride ever!!! It's amazing and FUN TO DRIVE!!! YEs, it's a big car, too, with plenty of room for five and gear. The styling is luxurious and I get LOTS of compliments. Simply the best ride on the road for under $30,000.