2001 Acura TL Consumer Reviews 3

2001 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Great Car of the Money
By DCooper on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura product. My wife had a 1996 Honda Accord EXL and a 2000 AccordEX V6 which we like. However, my TL is a far better car in appearance and ride. With the price adjustment down in 1999 by $4k, I decided to get the TL in 12/2000. I just turned over 50,000 miles this week so I am out of warranty but I believe the quality is there to keep the car for another 3 years. I have enjoyed my TL and while it is paid off, I do not plan to replace it any time soon. I am not impressed with the style of the new 2004 TL. I would recommend the TL as a good use car buy if the car has been well maintained and the mileage is under 60,000 miles.

2001 TL Acura
By Mrs. Markel on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I used to LOVE my TL until I had 4 transmissions for the car before 40,000 miles. The last time it was in the shop (8/2004) they told me come pick it up it runs beautifully. Tried to start it the next day and now the starter is out. Don't buy TL.

There's nothing like a Honda product
By Russell2372 on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

While Acuras in general do not rate well with critics due to their conservative styling, a quick sample of user opinions will give you ample reasons to purchase one. They are a Honda product and are unmatched in quality and reliability. This is my second Acura over the last 12 years as I previously owned a Vigor. In that span I have had no mechanical problems other than routine maintainence. It also helps that I have had very favorable experiences with my local dealership. The service has matched the quality of the vehicle.

TL recap
By Nadeau on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Sporty, Dependable, excellent price/performance ratio with good resale value after 3 years

quality without being overboard
By sylvesr on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle is sound, comfortable, pleasant to drive, not too sporty. Great sound and navigation system. Had to replace rear wheel bearing at 20,000 miles! All repairs under excellent warranty. Some discoloration in airbag cover NOT handled well by dealership.

Can hold a candle to Lexus
By Woodsy on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After owning a Lexus, I find this Acura is extremely compatable. Ride, handling and maintanence...Perfect. I would consider purchasing another Acura in the future.

Tremendous Used Car Value
By trcca on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used off-lease with 46k miles, and love the car (w/nav). For the price you get so many features, rock- solid performance, interior "luxury," and a fun ride. Also got the GPS which, despite being 3 years behind the tech curve, still works like a charm (and is updatable whenever Acura releases the new DVD). Even with 46 k miles this car handles like a dream, the interior is still crisp and working perfectly, and everything just keeps humming. Highly recommended (I was between this and the ES 300, which has a much more luxurious interior, but far fewer features, floatier ride, and higher price).

Smooth
By syeaton on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The Acura TL is an excellent blend of characteristics I was looking for. GOod handling, acceleration, quiet ride, good fuel economy, and performance. It's stylish and ye not pushy.

2001 Acura TL
By Paula Sanders on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful car. I have driven it for nearly three years and have no problems with the car. The service department is the best I have ever had, willing to have a loaner car available for repairs. It is a comfortable car with good gas mileage and no noticeable wind noise.

Great Car
By JAKE F on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

this is a great car, good pickup, handling, power, and smooth ride, great black on black, very comfy the autoshift is alright. it can go fast quickly.