2001 Acura TL 3.2L (65K miles)
By vb4000 on
2001 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
The Acura TL is a basically a Honda Accord with more fit and trim. If that's okay with you, then you'll love this car. Personally, I think the car looks girly. I have it in white, and I'm not a huge fan of the design. I've seen it in blue and black and it looks much better. -Transmission was replaced at 56K miles. -The 3.2L is a reliable engine that has plenty of pep and a surprising amount of power down low. It won't exactly blow your hair back, but it's a quick car if/when it has to be. As per gas mileage, it's not that impressive. Edmund's says 20pmg, and they're pretty much dead on. For a V6, it isn't exactly a gas sipper.
Favorite Features
--The interior seats are comfortable, seat heaters are a nice option, and the cup-holders and big and well placed; I haven't spilled my coffee once. They're also removable to clean, which is a nice feature. --The TL that I have has a sunroof, with a pop-up feature which is nice, but I dread the day it stops working. Also, the rear windows go completely down, so my friends enjoy that. --The car came with Xenon headlights (the person I bought it from said that was stock) which I also think is a nice feature. No automatic headlights, which was disappointing, but the car will chime if you leave them on to remind you. --The car heats up very fast and heat comes up right away - Great in winter.
Suggested Improvements
--No automatic headlights. --Trunk and fuel door release are in stupid spots. --Radio is not impressive, the speakers blew out on me twice already and I don't blast the music. --Transmission was replaced as I previously stated. The refurbished one I bought still slips when cold. --Steering is sluggish once it gets moving. Car has 65000 miles but handles like it's way older than that. Just doesn't have the tight feel you'd expect. Feels heavy and slow to respond. Suspension rides really nice over the bump, but the power steering and the overall design/width of the car give it a really dull handling experience.