It won't let me by a new car!
By playday rider on
2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan
8 years ago it was time to get serious and buy a car I was going to keep for the next 8 years. Of course, we all say that, but how many of us keep a car that long. This car is the exception, not the rule. I love this car, always have. It drives as smooth and as quiet, and as much power and is as comfortable as when it was new, perhaps even more so. Well designed, perfect size and weight, plenty of power. I didn't get the nav system, but I hear the older ones aren't really that great anyway and they were overpriced. So today, it probably would be worthless. I'll probably keep this car another 8 years or until I get tired of it. Only drawback is it calls for premium - but runs good on plus.
Favorite Features
Fun to drive. For the size and power, the gas mileage is exceptional. Recently on a 4,000 mile trip I averaged, with a full car, and at 75 - 80 the entire way, 30.5 mpg. This was after I put new tires on it, and did the 100K mile service. Not an exaggeration - the absolute truth!
Suggested Improvements
Somehow get this to run as well on regular gas, without sacrificing the feeling of refinement you get with this powerful and quiet v6 engine. Also, the interior is a little on the bland side cosmetically, but the materials used are top notch.