Great Car
By Unclefletch on
2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan
I purchased my car last year after my 1995 Maxima was totaled and was looking for something I could pay cash for. Overall it's been a very good car to drive with better than expected gas mileage on mid grade fuel. My only major expense was $900 to replace the xenon headlight on the passenger side last year and now the driver's side seems to be going out and I'm not looking forward to another $900 expense at the Acura dealership and was not happy with the service as it took 2 visits to repair them. I also have an issue with vibration when braking, that after replacing both the front brakes as well as rotors. When shopping for a new car however, I would purchase another one.
Favorite Features
Great to drive, great fuel economy on mid grade fuel.
Suggested Improvements
When buying a used one, would suggest that you get one without the nav system...it's useless, dated and integrates the climate controls that makes it cumbersome to use. Less expensive replacement headlights.
By xdamian
on 10/23/14 18:08 PM (PDT)

Wondering if you are familiar with the ABS system which, when braking hard, will vibrate to some extent normally because it is pumping the brakes at a rate faster and more efficiently than humans can. On slow braking, there is no vibration, at least in mine.