2000 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

3.2 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (91 reviews )
Brakes wear quickly; A/C control fails
By pomeroyb on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

Tech Service Bulletin 01017 "Brake Pulsing", where they ecommend "goodwill replacement" even after warranty expires. Climate control (A/C compressor) that freezes up on long hot drives. It works if I reach over and turn it off for 5 minutes and then back on for 5 minutes. Acura claims "your air conditioner is within spec and car is now out of warranty". They had stalled me during warranty saying it was a known problem (having to do with poor sensor location and they were waiting for a fix from Acura." Acura denies this.

None
By Nazzman on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

teriffic value, a blast to drive, I would Buy it Again.

good for the $$
By kk on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

it is a very good car fo the money i like it a lot..

My 3.2 TL
By russell on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

Pickup and performance is tops. Ride is smoooth and controlled. The Navigation system is amazing to myseld and others. Pinpoint accuracy in all conditions.

Matt's TL Review
By mlison on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

By far the best car I have ever owned. Only the second car I've owned that I'd buy another identical car if it were totaled tomorrow.

2002 Acura TL
By markm on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I love my Acura 3.2 TL. Fun to drive, care free at 33,000 miles. Very quick, comfortable. Great car

If you leave in NY DO NOT GET THIS ONE
By username123 on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I can tell you one thing that it's a very nice car for the $$$, but if you plan to park it overnight in New York, good luck. I had this car for 2 years and I had my head lights stolen 2 times and finally they took it all. I have seen toooooooo many of those TL's around town with no "eyes". Think where you will park it before you buy it.

Acura 3.2 TL
By ehartel on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

This car has been a joy to own. The engine was so quiet, that before I started to put the car in reverse, a couple of passengers asked if I was going to start the car. I remember driving to Florida from DC - I glanced at the speedometer and realized I was at 95 mph and the car was still smoothly gliding down the road. While the exterior is not as glamorous as other cars in its class, its conservative body is not an eyesore. Compared with the BMW 325 and Audi A-4, you get more features for significantly less money. This is one of the best cars I have ever owned.

My Acura TL
By tonybell_57 on 03/11/02 10:29 AM (PST)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

This car has no cons. It is a very comfortable car to drive. I have driven from Atlanta, GA to Hartford, CT in this car and had a blast. The only caveat is that it rides so smoothly you may want to use cruise control to keep from getting a ticket (like I did in NC). This car WANTS to do 90!

Mike's Review
By Mike DeYonker on 03/04/02 14:39 PM (PST)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

This si by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. The erformance is fantastic. Comfort and safety are number one. There has neven been any warranty work required in 18 months of service. Acura truley cares about me and always is in contact after every service appointment. Service costat at teh dealer are below after market places. I will definately return to Acura for my next vehicle.