2000 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

3.2 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (92 reviews )
Want my ES Back
By BuKoDahm on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

After two years with a Lexus ES 300 I decided to see what else is out there in the entry-level luxury market. Kind of like dating a girl, she's fine and all but you just never know if something better is waiting for you. Anyway, the car is fun to drive and is very sporty, but overall quality is unquestionably the ES 300. Sure, the Acura is faster (by a second in 0-60 times), but the car that still has my heart is my old ES 300. Guess I shouldn't have left the old girl.

Acura 3.2 TL :Gotta Love it !
By belle on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

tHE ACURA TL3.2 IS A fABULOUS Car. beautiful,safe,dependable, totally trouble free,super quiet, bose sound system and a blast to drive.. There is literally no other car i'd rather drive except for my 88accura legend 5 speed.

My favorite vehicle
By JBT on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Great performance, constant compliments, has NEVER been in for repairs (have owned since July 2000).

2000 TL3.2
By digitalcopy on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

In shop for 2nd transmision replacement. 1st one died @30,000 miles, second one dead @ 63,000. Rest of car is great. Poor tranny design which is obviously flawed. Heard this from many other owners of same model.

Pretty Good
By Liam on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I like this car. It is fun to drive, good acceleration and handling, and gets decent mileage,. I came out of a 1997 Infiniti I30, which is in the same class. For a while, I thought the I30 was the superior car, but after owning both for roughly 3 years, I would get the Acura again before the Infiniti. Decent leg room, I am 6'4", and it is more comfortable for me than many SUV's.

Love this Car
By CuCowboy on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Two years and only one problem which was with the AC amking a funny noise. It still worked great. Took it in and the dealership fixed it. Runs great good gas milage. FUN TO DRIVE.

More than I expected
By hogger on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I was suprised at the power this vehicle has as well as 29 mpg hiway and 23 in town. I drove 1,000 mi nonstop and I did get a little tired of sitting but who wouldn't? I like everything about the car except for the cup holders. I would recommend this car to anyone.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BIG HEADLIGHTS!!!!?
By jtran on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

NOTHING BUT LUXURY AMENITIES IN THIS CAR.

Best car I've ever owned!
By GoBeta on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Never had a problem with this vehicle - it is so comforting to know that you don't have to stress over this vehicle and worry about things breaking, not working, etc. This is a GREAT VALUE vehicle -- you get a wonderful car at a very reasonable price. In it's car class, it's probably best value. Very powerful, handles great, comfortable interior that's well laid out, plenty of trunk space, etc. This is my first Acura and I'm a huge fan now. MDX is next on my list!

Still a great car at 70,000 miles
By onlyme on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

This car is the best new car I've ever owned! It's been driven nearly 70,000 miles (mostly highway and at high speeds) and asks for nothing but an oil change at 3,000 and a tank of gas. It looks great with the rear spoiler (which I feel was a bit pricey but it makes the car). The paint is still beautiful (white diamond pearl), the interior still great. Great fun, value and reliability. Only cars I've driven which was more fun were BMW 540i and M5 - but you're in another class now!