2000 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

3.2 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (1 review )
Honda/Acura has another winner
By brucen1953 on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

After 3 Honda Accords, I moved up to an Acura TL. I loved my Hondas (I gave my last one - a 1997 - to my daughter, who still drives it, and has no visits to the repair shop), but the Acura is even better. Smoother ride, great performance, great handling (though the Honda was superb as well). I also like the understated styling, and the fact that everything comes standard. I'm sure I will get another one when the lease ends this summer. If I had any item that was less than perfect, it is the brakes, which seem to sag a little on occasion.

2000 Acura TL
By asalamon on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Fun to drive. Lots of power and very reliable. Never had a major mechanical problem during the past 39 months.

Nice Car
By Ashutosh on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

One of the best cars I drove in this category. The steering and drive is smooth.

Awesome car!
By Customre on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

This is my 5th Acura, and they have all been bulletproof. My car has 62,000 miles on it and it has been just awesome. Great performance and luxury all combined into one great package. The car has been bulletproof; no transmission problems as I have read. The car still feels as tight as a drum; there are no squeaks and rattles. The engine is simply sensational; awesome power all across the rev range. What's more, I took the car from NY to Fl and got 32.5 MPG. Unbelieveable car! My lease is up in April, and I will be purchasing either a new TL Type S or the all new TSX. Acura's are awesome cars; my son just got a new RSX and it has been similarly awesome.

Great car - but not too comfortable
By Rick25 on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

OVERALL: nice car, GREAT value. NEGATIVES: I'm tall & have a bad back, & it's tough for me to get comfortable. Not much room in back, especially for adults. Stereo (BOSE = std) sounds great, but has limited features. POSITIVES: Navigation system (not std.) is easy to use & has lots of features. Steering wheel stereo controls = nice touch. Dashboard controls are well- placed and easy to read. Heated front seats activate quickly & work well. Engine is very powerful, & provides a very nice, smooth ride. Head lights are outstanding; can't see why I'd ever need high beams.

Excellent car for the money
By guo5598 on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Excellent car, lot of power. Handles well, The seat is not comfortable. The roof is too low. I have no problem at all for the last three years. Transmission is just fine, I thought people drive too hard if they have transmission problem.

fast and fun
By Sensei Yondan on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I love driving it and it has a lot of pickup at any speed.

good value
By kensho on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

the TL is the best sub $30k car on the market hands down - fast and fun to drive -

2000 Acura TL
By Jiml on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

This car has been a huge disappointment. At 1,000 miles my dealer replaced the radiator and at 35,000 miles the entire oil pump and seal assembly was replaced. I don't know if my dealer is trying to rip off Acura or if the vehicle's reliability is really that bad.

be aware
By johno on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

my 3.2TL is 2 yrs, 9 mo. old with 63,000 miles - out of warranty... my transmission was fried... acura chaged me $800 and supplied a tranny free... have heard it said that acuras are having tranny problems - I know mine did... also, have a piece of paint flake off the front of the roof... finally, while under warranty I complained about the CD player not playing CDs I burned at home; they said it must be the PC's fault... after the warraty ran out, it stopped playing at all - I had to get it repaired on my own - they said the laser was malfunctioning...