2000 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

3.2 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (92 reviews )
nice suprise
By jalan on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I had a 1995 BMW 740IL when I bought this in 2000... so I thought it would be a big adjustment... I was very pleasantly suprised by the TL. Nice drive !

Warranty Coverage Helps!!!
By Tim Cox on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

The car is fun to drive and has a powerful engine. I have had some warranty work. 1. Transmission did not shift from 3rd to 4th smoothly. The dealership recommended I change the fluid every 30,000 miles. 2. The temp indicator had to be replace. 3. The Driver's seat back popped and creaked. The Driver's leather seat bottom cracked. Buy this car but make sure it has warranty left on it. You'll have to work out the bugs.

nice car .. too bad Acura service stinks
By to be former owner on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Great car, good milage. I will not buy another one because the service stinks. 3k-30k miles, seat belt light goes on (I had a new born so took this seriously). Took 4 dealer trips to get this fixed. 17k front strut goes. Took 2 trips to get it fixed. 55k, need new rear brakes .. they have to schedule me to come back. Meanwhile Acura policy is no loaner car for less than 3 hour waits so I get to reshuffle my schedule. I just can't handle the dealer run-around. Also, too many small problems with a young "quality" car. My 1989 Legend appears to have been built with better quality than these new things.

A good choice.....
By New to Acura on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I have always wanted to break into the near luxury market and the Acura seemed like the best bang for my buck......but now having driven the car for 2 years, I can't see myself in any other vehicle. Aside from the value, the design, performance and brand recognition make this the only luxury car I would ever consider driving......

Best car I've ever owned!
By racedoc on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I've had this 2000 TL for 3 years now, and it is hands down the best car I've ever owned! I put > 20k miles/year and have had NO problems whatsoever with this vehicle. It's not that thrilling of a car, and it's not as comfortable as a Deville, but it does handle well, is responsive, has a great stereo, comfortable seats and HVAC system, and most importantly, starts when you put the key in the ignition! (I can't say that about the 3 series BMW I've had, nor the Mercedes!). I recommend this car highly.

A great appliance
By Leszek on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Living in Montreal, the toughest place on earth for a car, this car is solid as a rock. Starts at-30 without a fuss. Returns reasonably good fuel economy, even at extralegal speeds. Handling was lousy, but HR springs lowered the car and improved high speed and cornering stability. Transmission could shift faster, specially in manual mode. Just a nice car to drive, no suprises, no excitement. Cd player does not play burned CD's, max volume not loud enough.

Acura 3.2TL - a descent sedan
By jcw on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

A competent sedan with good performance and luxury for the price. That said, a bit boring looking and handling a bit soft. No major mechanical problems but ongoing problems with the airbag warnings have continued since new. If you can afford better, go for it. You'll be bored with this car and wish you went for better.

Fast but not reliable
By C.R. on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Purchased as a Acura certified used car 2 weeks ago with 36k miles. Car is in repair shop for a new tranmission already. What exactly did Acura certify? Certainly not the mechanical operation!

good exp with this car
By sbintexas on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Other than one minor problem with the Sunroof this has been a great car. Also it held value well. Transmission is a little sluggish as it as aged.

Minor Problems
By PoorAcuraService on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Overall the 3.2TL has performed OK but I have some nagging problems that the dealer will not fix. The windows rattle when it is cold, the transmission clunks when it downshifts, the speedometer/odmeter reads 7% high (The dealer says that is within spec). So when it says you are going 75MPH you are actually only going 70MPH and the gas mileage is only fair (20MPG overall). The other problem is the heater, it gets hotter and hotter in the car even when it is set on 65.