2000 Acura TL 3.2 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2000 TL Consumer Reviews

3.2 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (92 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

Fun and Dependable
By clawson

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because it topped all the dependability ratings. At 90K miles, I've not had one single problem - replaced brakes, tires, battery, oil. I never use dealerships for service - total price gouging. My honest local shop can do this stuff. Drives like a dream, soft quiet ride. The backseat is not made for adults, but is fine for kids under 16. I just checked my gas mileage and it was exactly as advertised, city=17, highway=22 (no a/c). I totally disagree with all the editors saying the exterior is bland, looks great with a spoiler.

Favorite Features

Handling, Sport Shift in the mountains, comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

They put them all in the 2004 TL.

A/C OUT
By mike felix

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

GOT 30000 PLUS MILES ON CAR AND THE A/C STOPPED WORKING.TOOK IT TO DEALER THEY SAY IT HAS A HOLE IN COMPESSOR AND NEED 1250.85 TO FIX.30000 MILES AND THEY WANT ME TO PAY FOR THIS SO CALLED HOLE IN COMPRESSOR.QUESTIOND THE SERVICE MAN AND HE SAID ITS THE SEAL IS BAD NEED TO PUT NEW COMPRESSOR ON TO FIX.30000 MILES AND JUNK BECAUSE ITS OVER ON THE YEAR BY 5 MONTHS.TOLD HIM IS THIS A PROBLEM WITH A/C HE SAID 03 HAVE THAT PROBLEM.I DON'T FEEL LIKE PUTTING 1200 DOLLERS EVERY 30000 MILES. JUST MY 2 CENTS

Favorite Features

THE ENTIRE CAR

Suggested Improvements

A/C

I love this car!!!!!
By 2000TLOwner

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

What else can I say. This car has been everything I could ask for. I spend 2-3 hours a day in my car so I need one I like and I have found it. 93K miles and still no major problems.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

None!!

TL N IT
By TL N IT

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

Absolutley love it... had a CL and a Ledgend. Acura is a reliable, stylish and fun auto maker.

Favorite Features

heated seats... special headlights always gets me noticed.. V6!!!!

Suggested Improvements

hmmm...more rear seat accessibilty for car seats... not a major flaw.. but would make by rear facing car seat easier to deal with...

I Love My TL
By SC924

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

The TL was eventhing I wanted in a sport seden. The ride & power was great. It has been problem free for the last 5 yrs. The only time it's been in the repair shop was for brakes!!!! I'm looking foward to getting the same service from my new o4 TL!!!!!!

Favorite Features

Everything!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

None

4th transmission before 4th year anniver
By javawater

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

Love the car except for a major problem - transmission. Acura had just placed a 4th transmission in my car. I am trading it in for something else because my 100k warranty is about to expire and at the rate it's been, I expect to have a 5th transmission in one year.

Favorite Features

leather, good engine

Suggested Improvements

fix the darn transmission

Gas Guzzler
By Heide

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I love my tl.The only thing is I feel like I'm gasing up every other day. Other than that I love the handling, comfort, and style.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, performance

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

Happy Acura Owner
By mmarco

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

This is a great car with above average performance from a smooth engine, quite operation (quiter than our Lexus), and excellent comfort. We're going to buy the new 2004 3.2.

Favorite Features

Sport shifter/ 5-speed trans

Suggested Improvements

lumbar support needs upgrade telescopic steering wheel needed

I have thoroughly enjoyed this car.
By Hokiestud

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

Despite being a 4-door with ample room, it is nimble and quite quick. Aside from two points below, I have no complaints at all. The car is very well- made, the sound system is good, so is the gas mileage, and the onboard GPS navigation system rocks! I would definitely buy another Acura in the future, based on my experience with the 2000 3.2TL.

Favorite Features

On-board GPS navigation system (This is why I bought the car in 2000 rather than a Lexus, Audi, etc.)

Suggested Improvements

1) When in full automatic, it's a bit sluggish until RPM gets up to 2,000, at which point it perks up. When shifting manually, this is not a problem. 2) A telescoping steering wheel would have been nice. I often felt as if I were having to "reach" for the steering wheel.

My 2000 TL
By indy24jones

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I have enjoyed my TL. Sometimes I wish I had waited a year for the Type S. My over-all fuel economy is 22.5 mpg. On the rare times I take it on a freeway trip, I can get over 30 mpg, and have gone over 32 mpg on 3 or 4 occassions. Took a trip to Oregon in 2002 and drove 1100 miles one day with no fatigue or the tyoical "tired butt."

Favorite Features

The 5 speed manumatic. I use the manual mode in the snow, and to pass logging trucks going over Oregon's Blue Mountains.

Suggested Improvements

Put a 20 gallon fuel tank in it to extend the range.