2000 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

3.2 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (91 reviews )
50% shop 50% road
By tom on 01/02/06 20:20 PM (PST)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after trading in my Subaru, as fast as I could. The car is a great car when it works. I have had to replace all four tires for belt shift - factory originals, new brakes all around, front rods, and the auto rear mirror. The side air bag light goes on with no one in the seat and the seat belt buckles have been done in the front. This is my 2nd Acura and the dealer has been good about repairs. Once out of warantee get a good mechanic and use original parts, they are expensive but will make a difference. Don't bother with the high end gas it is only expensive.

I Love This car!
By DickZinya on 10/06/05 03:47 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

Great car, value for price, comfort, reliability. And it looks great too.

Good all around car
By Nick Elam on 06/11/05 23:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I've had great service from this car. Mechanically it is smooth but I have had some misgivings about the transmission. I love the 5 speed automatic but it acts a little strange at times. The trans was replaced by Acura as a warranty at about 50,000 miles.

Superb car
By Ravi on 04/17/05 18:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 3.2 TL for a year now. I bought it used at 47,000 miles and it now has 62,000. It is a great all round car - Has ample power, a smooth ride, every feature you can ask for and it's such fun to drive. Gas mileage has been impeccable and has not varied at all from the day I first bought it. I have even used the low grade fuel in it. It runs just fine. I haven't even had to think about it's reliability! I am 6 feet tall and this is the most comfortable car that I have driven. You may call the styling bland, but I feel that it has clean lines and looks aerodynamic. I would absolutely recommend this car.

Great Used Choice
By Labdog Willie on 03/15/05 22:55 PM (PST)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

After suffering through a few Volvos I decided to try the 3.2 TL after reading some articles and I'm sure glad I bought this car. Bought a used on to let someone else pay the first years depreciation and I've been a happy camper ever since. Haven't experienced the dreaded Acura tranny problems (knock on wood) and my mechanic loves this car, well....after those Volvos who wouldn't. I consistantly leave the shop smiling because they never find anything wrong with it. Would I buy another....you bet....that 2005 looks pretty good about now!

Dream Car
By Tiffany on 03/08/05 19:46 PM (PST)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I have owned many cars, driven many more, and this car has been fantastic. Last year I went looking for a fast sedan without breaking the bank. I tried a few of the competetor's cars: Maxima, Aurora, etc... I made the mistake of test driving the TL first. The first time I gunned the gas I was in love. I was genuinely impressed. I haven't regretted it since. It had a transmission problem that I never noticed, but the dealership had found it when I took it in for a checkup. So, it never has troubled me. I drive about 75 miles a day on a light day, and that car has allowed me to enjoy driving again. Excellent choice for anyone who wants a really dependable fun car.

battery problem
By tonyg on 12/10/04 19:06 PM (PST)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle used with 33000 miles. I am pleased with the performance of the engine and transmisson. The engine has very good pick up and the tranny is exceptionally smooth. The bose radio system is a good fit for this car. I like the radio controls on the steering wheel. My only complaint with this car is the battery. I have had to replace the battery every 12 months. I use Sears die hard so the second battery was free. I think that a circuit is open and draining the battery.

Awesome car
By Joshwitmer on 11/12/04 15:26 PM (PST)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I've had the car just over a few days now and I absolutely love it. I bought it with 77000 on the clock, and just rolled over 78000. I do a lot of commuting, this is a rock solid mid-size luxury car. Reliability of all the Honda/Acuras I've owned has always been top notch and the TL is no different. Everything you would expect from Acura. Gas mileage is what you would expect from a 3.2l v6. Perfect car for any business man/woman.

my acura
By eleanor F on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

The check engine light keeps coming on.The no. one cylinder was miss firing.Had to have the engine cleaned with a Chevron product that cost $140.Hope this doesn't happen on regular basis.

Fun and Dependable
By clawson on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because it topped all the dependability ratings. At 90K miles, I've not had one single problem - replaced brakes, tires, battery, oil. I never use dealerships for service - total price gouging. My honest local shop can do this stuff. Drives like a dream, soft quiet ride. The backseat is not made for adults, but is fine for kids under 16. I just checked my gas mileage and it was exactly as advertised, city=17, highway=22 (no a/c). I totally disagree with all the editors saying the exterior is bland, looks great with a spoiler.