2000 Acura TL 3.2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2000 TL Consumer Reviews

3.2 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (92 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

It must be love..
By Brina

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I LOVE this car. I had a '96 Accord EX, took it in one day for an oil change... it was a wrap. I 'test' drove the TL and bought it. I have never had a moments regret. It was a lease vehicle so naturally it was pristine when I got it. It can do with 6 cylinders what many cars can't with 8. Nothing to do other than scheduled maintenance and the occasional tweak. I swear by my dealer(Acura) service. Almost 3 years later my 'baby' runs like she did the day I got her. :-)

Favorite Features

Body style, speed, handling, sound system, front seats and of course SportShift

Suggested Improvements

They've all been done in 2004 and later models.

50% shop 50% road
By tom

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after trading in my Subaru, as fast as I could. The car is a great car when it works. I have had to replace all four tires for belt shift - factory originals, new brakes all around, front rods, and the auto rear mirror. The side air bag light goes on with no one in the seat and the seat belt buckles have been done in the front. This is my 2nd Acura and the dealer has been good about repairs. Once out of warantee get a good mechanic and use original parts, they are expensive but will make a difference. Don't bother with the high end gas it is only expensive.

Favorite Features

Drive, Style, interior layout. I am 6 feet 2 inches and I am very comfortable, just don't sit behind me. Good gas milage, great on a trip.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat room, reliability, reliability, reliability. Dealerships need to be more plentiful or Honda dealers need to fix these things!

I Love This car!
By DickZinya

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Great car, value for price, comfort, reliability. And it looks great too.

Favorite Features

It's well made.

Suggested Improvements

MP3 player satellite radio

Good all around car
By Nick Elam

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I've had great service from this car. Mechanically it is smooth but I have had some misgivings about the transmission. I love the 5 speed automatic but it acts a little strange at times. The trans was replaced by Acura as a warranty at about 50,000 miles.

Favorite Features

I love the 3.2 V6, very smooth, quiet and strong.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders and more room in the back seat.

Superb car
By Ravi

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 3.2 TL for a year now. I bought it used at 47,000 miles and it now has 62,000. It is a great all round car - Has ample power, a smooth ride, every feature you can ask for and it's such fun to drive. Gas mileage has been impeccable and has not varied at all from the day I first bought it. I have even used the low grade fuel in it. It runs just fine. I haven't even had to think about it's reliability! I am 6 feet tall and this is the most comfortable car that I have driven. You may call the styling bland, but I feel that it has clean lines and looks aerodynamic. I would absolutely recommend this car.

Favorite Features

The powerful engine, the BOSE audio system, Manumatic gear shift and the Xenon headlights.

Suggested Improvements

The instrument panel can be made more appealing. The audio system could use more features to be able to play CDs better (lacks some features that new audio systems have).

Great Used Choice
By Labdog Willie

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

After suffering through a few Volvos I decided to try the 3.2 TL after reading some articles and I'm sure glad I bought this car. Bought a used on to let someone else pay the first years depreciation and I've been a happy camper ever since. Haven't experienced the dreaded Acura tranny problems (knock on wood) and my mechanic loves this car, well....after those Volvos who wouldn't. I consistantly leave the shop smiling because they never find anything wrong with it. Would I buy another....you bet....that 2005 looks pretty good about now!

Favorite Features

Handling, manual trans shifting, huge trunk for this size car.

Suggested Improvements

Front seats could use a workover....more support for us long legged people.

Dream Car
By Tiffany

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I have owned many cars, driven many more, and this car has been fantastic. Last year I went looking for a fast sedan without breaking the bank. I tried a few of the competetor's cars: Maxima, Aurora, etc... I made the mistake of test driving the TL first. The first time I gunned the gas I was in love. I was genuinely impressed. I haven't regretted it since. It had a transmission problem that I never noticed, but the dealership had found it when I took it in for a checkup. So, it never has troubled me. I drive about 75 miles a day on a light day, and that car has allowed me to enjoy driving again. Excellent choice for anyone who wants a really dependable fun car.

Favorite Features

Exterior - I wish they didn't chop a foot off of the new TL... Drives smooth, quietly, and fast... You feel at 90mph what in most cars you feel at 60mph - which is not much.

Suggested Improvements

Headrest! They fixed it in the new TL so that it can bend forward... but other than that I am in love with it.

battery problem
By tonyg

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle used with 33000 miles. I am pleased with the performance of the engine and transmisson. The engine has very good pick up and the tranny is exceptionally smooth. The bose radio system is a good fit for this car. I like the radio controls on the steering wheel. My only complaint with this car is the battery. I have had to replace the battery every 12 months. I use Sears die hard so the second battery was free. I think that a circuit is open and draining the battery.

Favorite Features

engine and tranny.

Suggested Improvements

more power

Awesome car
By Joshwitmer

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I've had the car just over a few days now and I absolutely love it. I bought it with 77000 on the clock, and just rolled over 78000. I do a lot of commuting, this is a rock solid mid-size luxury car. Reliability of all the Honda/Acuras I've owned has always been top notch and the TL is no different. Everything you would expect from Acura. Gas mileage is what you would expect from a 3.2l v6. Perfect car for any business man/woman.

Favorite Features

Bose audio and steering wheel mounted controls make it very easy to change settings. Heated seats, Sport-shift is fairly responsive, nice sounding V6, lots of bottom end power. VERY smooth car. Xenon headlamps are by far my favorite

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really.. Maybe fog lights but that's about it.

my acura
By eleanor F

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

The check engine light keeps coming on.The no. one cylinder was miss firing.Had to have the engine cleaned with a Chevron product that cost $140.Hope this doesn't happen on regular basis.

Favorite Features

great gas mileage