2000 TL
By romandiaz on
2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan
2000 TL has 164,000 miles for original owner. Other than the usual recommended maintenance items, the only unscheduled repair was the $5,000 transmission replacement at 120,000. The car just runs with 28mpg, freeway, 23 around our hilly town. All 4 struts have been replaced by dealer ~$2000 and the tires have been replaced 3 times. Battery replaced 3 times. Brakes have been replaced once. The leather looks great inside but driver's side has some cracks. Carpeting is fine. I bought a 2003 in addition and will eventually purchase another Acura if they keep their record up. Just love this car!
Favorite Features
Reliable and powerful. Durable.
Suggested Improvements
Not too crazy about the premium fuel requirement but I understand why it's technically required. The original tires weren't performance / luxury and should be as the latter really affect the car's performance positively in regards to road noise, cornering, ride and braking. Wish paint was thicker.
By xdamian
on 05/16/14 05:05 AM (PDT)

I have used mid-grade on my last test run in one out of 3 fill-ups. Did not feel any degradation in performace but I would not do this as a steady diet simply because it s not recommended and not because it didn't drive perfectly.

By ski876
on 05/20/12 13:46 PM (PDT)

Can one get away with using mid grade gas? Will it damage the engine???