2000 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

3.2 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (92 reviews )
Best car in last 14 years
By xdamian on 05/16/14 05:36 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

Purchased it Nov 1999. Only has 44,700 miles. Car is anvil strong. No squeaks, or vibrations. Needed front left engine mount 7 years ago; have replaced only routine maintenance since. Original everything else including Xenon headlamps. Corners at 80 with car rotation (need to feel it to understand). Front dashboard like new (with no special care except occasional cover to keep sun off surfaces in summer). All electrics work perfectly and never needed fixing. Maintenance suggested new tires, (dry rot from lack of use) battery through some pretty tough N VA winters and timing belt (to be changed every 10 years despite mine not needing it). Super quiet, no acceleration lag whatsoever.

One of the best
By realtordl87 on 12/03/12 21:04 PM (PST)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

One of the best cars I've owned. I just purchased it this year 2012 and it's a 2000. I traded in a 2009 Pontiac G5 GT with only 37,000 miles in on this car which had 122,000 miles at purcahse and I would do it over again. I absolutely love the way the car drives, the interior, and the outside. It drives smooth as a brand new car. The only thing that I have an issue with is the cup holders. They don't really do anything with a 20 oz water bottle or pop bottle, it more or less just topples front to back when driving. I'm a realtor by trade and the car is more than spacious enough. I could have bought a newer car, but I really prefer Model years 1999-2001 for some reason.

2000 TL
By romandiaz on 04/21/12 16:08 PM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

2000 TL has 164,000 miles for original owner. Other than the usual recommended maintenance items, the only unscheduled repair was the $5,000 transmission replacement at 120,000. The car just runs with 28mpg, freeway, 23 around our hilly town. All 4 struts have been replaced by dealer ~$2000 and the tires have been replaced 3 times. Battery replaced 3 times. Brakes have been replaced once. The leather looks great inside but driver's side has some cracks. Carpeting is fine. I bought a 2003 in addition and will eventually purchase another Acura if they keep their record up. Just love this car!

First and Last Acura I will ever own
By Nels on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

Purchased used in 2004 from a relative who bought it new. Found online the tramsmission had problems which had not yet been mailed to the owners. Took it in to Acura service who said the gears weren't discolored so the recall instructed them to increase coolant to the gears. Took it in last year because it was stalling and paid Acura service over $1000 for FUEL INJECTORS! Now at 68K miles, the transmission is almost dead. Acura service says I should have changed the transmission fluid every 15,000 even though they didn't mention this the several times it was brought in and the extended warranty for this known transmission problem expired after 7 years or 100,000 miles. Never again Acura.

Do not hesitate!
By John on 08/30/10 10:13 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

This is the best car i have ever owned. I bought it brand new in 2000 and besides regular maintenance and normal wear and tear things I have had to pay nothing in repairs. Yes, absolutely nothing. I thought it was unheard of to get this performance + reliability for the price until i bought her.I just bought a 2009 TL and LOVE IT! I dreaded the day when I passed this car along to my son. But at least I can feel confident this vehicle will not leave him stranded on the side of the road. This vehicle is far superior to any German made luxury car by far. I have owned a BMW, Lexus, Audi (worst by far), and a Mercedes and the TL tops them all.

Great Car
By Unclefletch on 12/01/09 19:38 PM (PST)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I purchased my car last year after my 1995 Maxima was totaled and was looking for something I could pay cash for. Overall it's been a very good car to drive with better than expected gas mileage on mid grade fuel. My only major expense was $900 to replace the xenon headlight on the passenger side last year and now the driver's side seems to be going out and I'm not looking forward to another $900 expense at the Acura dealership and was not happy with the service as it took 2 visits to repair them. I also have an issue with vibration when braking, that after replacing both the front brakes as well as rotors. When shopping for a new car however, I would purchase another one.

2000 Acura TL-Best car I have ever owned
By Mountan on 10/21/09 04:33 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for over 9 years and put 106,000 miles on it. I have replaced the tires once, the brakes once and an oxygen sensor once. That is it! I ordered new OEM floor mats to keep it feeling new, and have loved the car. Most miles are highway, but the dealer was amazed that I had 100,000 miles on the brakes! Excellent reliability and very comfortable. Like that I can listen to tapes and CD's.

Great for fun and the long run.
By HotRodder on 07/15/09 13:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

This has been an extremely reliable car. I have only needed to do routine maintenance. The engine still runs smooth as ever, has plenty of punch, and does not burn any oil. The so-called German luxury car makers should take lessons from Honda on how to make dependable cars.

Exceptional Used Car Value
By lake for work on 01/06/09 22:02 PM (PST)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

Been buying cars for years. Had this Acura for longer then any. Best car I've ever had. Performed even better and quieter after I put a set of toyo tires on it. Now drives actually better than new. Corners like on a rail. Plenty of power. Gas mileage? An unbelievable 30.5 mpg over cross country trips with my foot into it a little bit. Better to verify all servicing is done before you buy used. Make sure the dealer or private party has all records. Timing belts, water pumps, etc only need replacing every 110K miles or so, but when they do they are spendy. Otherwise, these cars are so inexpensive to maintain, you won't believe the quality of a car with over a 100K miles on it!

Great value, cheap to keep
By Bill on 12/02/08 06:28 AM (PST)

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 2000 TL new and have owned 8 1/2 yrs as of this writing. It's a terrific car overall. Solidly built, a great value, rock-solid reliability and just plain cheap to keep. I have 54,000 miles on the car and have replaced the tires twice, the front brakes once and have had all maintenance performed at Acura dealerships. Minor service intervals (every 3,500 miles) run less than $100 and majors run less than $200. My only real complaint concerns the rear door interior panels. A gap between the vinyl and the plastic part that contains the window up/down button has appeared at different times on both panels. One panel was replaced free of charge, but not the second one.