1999 Acura TL Consumer Review: Work Horse

1999 Acura TL - Consumer Review

Work Horse
By mjf1036 on

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

The Acura 3.2TL is a real work horse. Great interior comfort, great "options" that were all standard. Power and speed when you need it; great cruising car. My car and I spent about 38,000 miles per year together. Never stranded, no roadside assistance needed. Sure there was the occasional maintenance issue but nothing I needed a bank loan for. For the most part...put in good gas, keep the oil & filters changed. On top of all this the car looks Sharp! Elegant, sporty, sexy, but still masculine. Would I purchase another? You bet I will.

Bose stereo, Navigation System, Steering wheel controls, Cool gauges and lights, Heated seats. Also,still tight and quiet after all those miles. Only one, small rattle after 4 years and +150K miles. I have seen other cars that squeek and rattle after 3 months! Not this baby.

Brake rotors tend to warp. I hope this was limited to my single car or maybe improved in later years. BUT The front break pads lasted 150,000 miles. Rear pads NEVER changed. This is good, yes?