1999 Acura TL 3.2L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Seven years and counting

1999 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Review

Seven years and counting
By pmi on

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in 99 and it is easily the best car I've ever had. I've replaced the battery once and the tires once and other than oil changes and tire rotations, that's all I've had to "fix" in seven years. Acceleration from slow or stop is outstanding; merging in heavy traffic is much easier than what I have experienced in other vehicles. It's only a four-speed so it really isn't very fuel-efficient. I consistently get under 20 mpg with mostly city driving.

Favorite Features

Climate control is excellent. Stereo is excellent. Leather seats are holding up very well. I don't know the numbers, but for my purposes, acceleration from slow or stop allowing me to merge quickly and confidently - something I need to do on a regular basis - is outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

The seat belts and seat heat distribution need improvements. The driver's seat belt is way too tight and the buckle digs into your right hip even if you are a small person. The driver's seat is not evenly heated. Fuel efficiency could be a lot better.