It Still Thinks It's a New Car
By Ken J on
1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan
I LOVE my '99 TL 3.2 sedan. We bought it new for what we though was a huge amount of money but it has turned out to be a bargain. It still has a luxury ride after 118K miles. Other than brakes (once!) and fluid changes it has only needed a new starter. The secret is regular maintenance by an Acura dealer. I spent major $$ for the 105K tune-up which replaced everything that could be, including timing belt and water pump. What I got back was a car that drove like it was brand new after putting on new Michelins. It was a much better choice than buying a new TL and I highly recommend it. No transmission problems. Almost 60K on the first set of tires. Original plugs!!
Favorite Features
The Bose radio is awesome with the subwoofer. Quality is built in throughout. Highway driving is fun and relaxing. This engine is top notch. The engineers really know how to design a car to last. The leather is still in great shape. Sunroof, heated seats, power seats still work like new.
Suggested Improvements
We get 20 mpg around town and maybe 25 highway on expensive premium fuel but this engine makes this car what it is. My green paint is starting to fade after 9 years of FL sun. I can't complain.