1999 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

3.2 3.2L V6 4-speed Automatic - (90 reviews )
i'm very impressed...
By 1crazyTLdriver on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

i had a '92 lexus es300 which i smashed up pretty bad in march of 2002. after the accident i was dead set on another later model es. i was so pro-lexus it was unbelievable. then i took out a 99tl, and i was immediately sold. i got a certified 99tl with 19k... w/5yr100k bumper to bumper warranty. dollar for dollar, the tl can't be touched by any other car in it's class. i went from pro-lexus to acura-infatuated. the performance, styling, featuers, everything is almost perfect. great car for NYC (just watch out for the bastards that steal the headlights-very common in NYC). i've had the car for a month and i can't wait to trade it in for the type S w/navigation

Great value
By TheWev on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

This is a great value. No other car can match the features of this one in this price range. A loaded Accord or Camry is almost the same price but doesn't match the luxury, BWM and Lexus are a lot more expensive.

Nicest driving car for just $30,000!!
By Ryan Goldfarb on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Nice driving, not noisy, very dependable car!

Supprt and transmission
By rom on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

It is a good car. However, considering power train performance, Maxima can "make circles" around my TL. (Yes, I also have 95 Maxima.) Transmission is the "weakest link"... especially between first and second gear. Windshield glare is very bad (I have tan color dashboard). Put something black to prevent eye strain -- it works. Attention to customer problem doesn't exist. And this is not about my dealer (I think they were sincere) but Acura technical reps. After numerous phone calls, and even, an apparent, visit of the regional technical "specialist" my problem still exists -- intermittent (!!!) operation of the remote control. They just tired me out -- I gave up.

A Conservative Statement
By olso1509 on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

The TL is perhaps the best car in class! I decided purchase mine only 9 months ago, and would recommend this car to anyone. I feel that it is by far the most luxurious vehicle for the money. Not only are you driving around in sheer luxury, but in one of the most reliable cars on the road. I purchased my first Acura (Integra) in 1998, and won't buy anything else! I refuse to drop money in vehicles other than maintance, and Acura's one of the only manufactures that can offer me that until 100,000 miles.

My Acura 3.2 TL
By berstan on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Been a wonderful car. have had nothing but Hondas and Acuras since 1892 and this is the best of them all with the possible exception of my 1992 Acura Legend. It has been in the garage for service, other than oil changes, exactly once. This month the odometer display failed and was replaced under warranty by our local dealer

Transmission the Worst
By Marty Fried on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

The transmission has always hesitated between first and second gear. I was told by the dealer that this was normal. At 74,000 miles the transmission went. I then found out that the extended insurance on the tranny was covered by AAMCO, not Acura. The California customer service division never followed up never floowed up with their supposed investigation. Honda can keep their 'luxury' line. I'm going to Lexus.

BMW Ride for $25K Less
By Barb on 03/15/02 21:57 PM (PST)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I drove a company car (BMW 523i) before I purchased my own Acura TL. This car handles just like the BMW but for $25,000 less - and I can do a lot of things for that much money. After 2 1/2 years, I still love driving this car. I plan to keep it for the full 7 year, 100K warranty, and then go buy another Acura.

Best value for your money
By NudeDude on 03/06/02 23:54 PM (PST)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

This is really a great car! I've owned mine for 3 years and I've never had any trouble. I really liked the fact that all of the upgrades are standard. The TL is a great value compared to its competition.

Solid performer
By Mackster211 on 02/26/02 16:15 PM (PST)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

The Acura TL was simply the best value in its class. Solid performance, comfort and reliability across the board for much, much less than comparable luxury cars.